Jump to content

Recommended Posts

we can also add the new sailing game ( ill dig up the name later ) that looks pretty groggy on YT.   Saw some guy take down the Constituition in a Brit ship of the line. Oh the humanity!

Theres really more too but Im not going to keep adding.

Do I think there could be more niche super realistic naval games? of course. if i had my way all games would provably be super realistic versions of different military or historical things.

Am I gonna get that? Why even ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, Sublime said:

well to be fair theres

CMANO

DCS added the F18 and naval ops are going to be greatly enhanced

That Battle of the Atlantic turn based game

Cold Waters ( yes i know its not ww2)

plus mods for SH3 and 4 imcluding one where you control surface ships.

If anything naval warfare is pretty well represented in the realism front. while it seems we have a plethora of ground based strat games most are jokes realism wise...

 

And Im not even big on sea games 

 

I have literally all of those games. I want to give Battlefront money though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should open up a donations box for those of us who can fund an extra programmer or two to help speed the CM universe along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mannschaft said:

I have literally all of those games. I want to give Battlefront money though.

I have some

 I fell off on the DCS. theres a few that have come out and a few on the way I really want but there whole system has just gotten too pricey for me and I have a couple of real buyers regret issues on a couple of A/C. that havent gotten much support or I thought Id like and outright didnt (Ka50, where I love the UH1 for example)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DCS is a beautiful sim, for sure. Too bad there's not much to do.

Oh, and they really gotta work on those tanks. That mode's embarrassing.

I'd love an Operation Downfall Combat Mission. Maybe with a northern islands expansion, bringing in the Soviets. It will never happen. 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sublime said:

I have some

 I fell off on the DCS. theres a few that have come out and a few on the way I really want but there whole system has just gotten too pricey for me and I have a couple of real buyers regret issues on a couple of A/C. that havent gotten much support or I thought Id like and outright didnt (Ka50, where I love the UH1 for example)

I have nearly every module in DCS. My favorite was the F-5e not just because it was detailed but because it wasn't complicated. It made getting into the sim very easy. I preordered the F-18 and beyond impressed with it. I will also preorder the F-14, Mi-24, F-4, and F-16 too.

3 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

DCS is a beautiful sim, for sure. Too bad there's not much to do.

Oh, and they really gotta work on those tanks. That mode's embarrassing.

I'd love an Operation Downfall Combat Mission. Maybe with a northern islands expansion, bringing in the Soviets. It will never happen. 😭

The tanks part isn't anymore embarrassing than the tanks part in IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of (series). It's just an afterthought. But much like the tanks mode in War Thunder, they'll eventually be fully fleshed out parts of the game. As much as already been announced for IL-2 which will see not only the Flying Circus WWI standalone module this year but also the Battle of Bodenplatte (bringing us into late war with some US stuff and the first jet) and whatever they're calling the tank revamp. I agree there isn't much to do in DCS but that's why you need to buy/download missions and campaigns or just make your own. But then again, I'm obsessed with cold ramp startups, not MP PVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, Sequoia said:

If CMSF sells well (both to those buying the updates and new customers) maybe we might see a French & Italian module.

Really hope so. I think a French army module for CMSF2 will bring lots of possibility in terms of story telling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, Mannschaft said:

I have nearly every module in DCS. My favorite was the F-5e not just because it was detailed but because it wasn't complicated. It made getting into the sim very easy. I preordered the F-18 and beyond impressed with it. I will also preorder the F-14, Mi-24, F-4, and F-16 too.

The tanks part isn't anymore embarrassing than the tanks part in IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of (series). It's just an afterthought. But much like the tanks mode in War Thunder, they'll eventually be fully fleshed out parts of the game. As much as already been announced for IL-2 which will see not only the Flying Circus WWI standalone module this year but also the Battle of Bodenplatte (bringing us into late war with some US stuff and the first jet) and whatever they're calling the tank revamp. I agree there isn't much to do in DCS but that's why you need to buy/download missions and campaigns or just make your own. But then again, I'm obsessed with cold ramp startups, not MP PVP.

I think there's some persistent MP campaigns, that are PvE focused, for DCS. Haven't seriously invested much time into MP, though. F-14 and Mi-24, you say? That sounds sick, but they really need a proper campaign generator. I got tired of the RNG missions. The embarrassing thing about DCS tanks is that I paid 15 CAD for them. IL-2 ones were free, and I never touched them. I like the singleplayer campaigns in "Battle of (series)".

On 6/22/2018 at 3:21 PM, ncc1701e said:

Really hope so. I think a French army module for CMSF2 will bring lots of possibility in terms of story telling.

I'd buy that (for more than a dollar)! France has more of a reason to be in SF than most of the other NATO nations. I hope that's what BFC intends to do with SF2. I'd also like Iranian and Russian OPFOR packs -- as well as BLUFOR UNCONS (FSA/Kurds).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, DerKommissar said:

I think there's some persistent MP campaigns, that are PvE focused, for DCS. Haven't seriously invested much time into MP, though. F-14 and Mi-24, you say? That sounds sick, but they really need a proper campaign generator. I got tired of the RNG missions. The embarrassing thing about DCS tanks is that I paid 15 CAD for them. IL-2 ones were free, and I never touched them. I like the singleplayer campaigns in "Battle of (series)".

I'd buy that (for more than a dollar)! France has more of a reason to be in SF than most of the other NATO nations. I hope that's what BFC intends to do with SF2. I'd also like Iranian and Russian OPFOR packs -- as well as BLUFOR UNCONS (FSA/Kurds).

The only persistent campaigns I know about are the colored flag ones. F-14 is announced and being worked on as we speak. Mi-24 should come out later this year. I agree the missions are kinda crap though. If DCS could implement the new dynamic campaign system that IL-2 has the game would be nearly perfect.

I want all the things you want and some day we'll get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, Sublime said:

well to be fair theres

CMANO

DCS added the F18 and naval ops are going to be greatly enhanced

That Battle of the Atlantic turn based game

Cold Waters ( yes i know its not ww2)

plus mods for SH3 and 4 imcluding one where you control surface ships.

If anything naval warfare is pretty well represented in the realism front. while it seems we have a plethora of ground based strat games most are jokes realism wise...

Which is the Battle of the Atlantic game?

As for the last part, I agree. The lack of a WWII tank sim is puzzling for starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocketman said:

I think he refers to "Atlantic Fleet" which is turn based and quite fun. Picked it up recently and enjoy it so far.

Thanks. Looks very realtimeish though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Duckman said:

Thanks. Looks very realtimeish though?

AF is i-go-you-go turn based. Solely. It's quite good given its price and context - it was originally a tablet game. It's a pick-up-and-play kind of game. 

Edited by Rinaldi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That's correct. A trend they seem to be sticking with - their much more involved and made-for-PC follow up Cold Waters is also exclusively single-player. Perhaps describing it as "i-go-you-go" wasn't really sensible in that context.

Edited by Rinaldi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Had it on iphone and got the computer version when they released also, there are some problems with Atlantic Fleet in my opinion though, it's likely to remain like that as its no longer being developed. Not that I did not enjoy the game while I played. If you go for it remember that it is even on the computer just an iphone/ipad game with upgraded graphics.

  • Needs an save feature.
  • Not much to do on the campaign map sometimes except press next until an engagement occurs.
  • AI does not see player submarines at periscope depth unless they have been torpedoed.
  • No naval fighters are airborne from the battles start. Need to range them on deck one turn, launch them next, then they can do their job. Problem is the Germans one or two shore based aircraft are always always used on first turns. So naval fighters are just glorified anti-shipping platforms.
Edited by Oliver_88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, Sublime said:

we can also add the new sailing game ( ill dig up the name later ) that looks pretty groggy on YT.   Saw some guy take down the Constituition in a Brit ship of the line. Oh the humanity!

Theres really more too but Im not going to keep adding.

Do I think there could be more niche super realistic naval games? of course. if i had my way all games would provably be super realistic versions of different military or historical things.

Am I gonna get that? Why even ask.

Sorry seen this late. The game you were mentioning I reckon is Naval Action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

Perhaps describing it as "i-go-you-go" wasn't really sensible in that context.

No worries, mate. :) thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oliver_88 said:

Sorry seen this late. The game you were mentioning I reckon is Naval Action.

yes thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

yes the lack of decently simulated tank and ground combat is awful.

Arma 3 isnt bad especially modded byt its a steep route to have to go through if you dont know what youre doing.

And yes Panzer Elite was good but IMO a good tank sim absolutely NEEDS realistic infantry simulation.  So thats my beef with PE, and Steel Beasts. DCS too, the infantry is...there but barely more than a human shaped onject that shoots at you.  Obviously its a flight sin but if work was done somehow.. it.d just be wow.

Anyways many of the naval games I pulled outta my butt that was just off top of my head and thats not even my niche scene..

a new game das boot is being made. vids on youtube looks very promising.

Edited by Sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 12:42 AM, Sublime said:
On 7/6/2018 at 8:04 PM, Oliver_88 said:

Sorry seen this late. The game you were mentioning I reckon is Naval Action.

yes thanks

I actually looked this up after you mentioned it, and was tempted to buy it for the Steam Summer Sale, but after reading the many negative user reviews I decided not to... A pity, because it looks very good, and I'm fascinated by those old ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm fascinated by those old ships. 

Me too. I’d love a fun, hopefully multiplayer capable WW1 naval game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bud Backer said:
5 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm fascinated by those old ships. 

Me too. I’d love a fun, hopefully multiplayer capable WW1 naval game. 

I meant the age of sail, but WW1 could be interesting too... though battles would be fought at quite long range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh no, not the age of sail. I want to see the towering columns of coal-fired smoke from my boilers. The surge of the battlecruisers as they rush forward to fight those of the enemy. The thunder of the guns and the acrid taste of cordite as my dreadnoughts engage the enemy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×