What will the next CM be?

1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

No the next Combat Mission is a simulation about a customer base waiting with great  anticipation for a new product.The new game is  tentativley being called CMBP , Combat Mission Beyond Patience.:D

Will it support mods? I want a hoodie for my refresh monkey <_<

Truth be told, I am expecting Combat Mission: Napoleon. I am sure, everyone wants to go back to the good old days: when gentlemen were gentlemen, uniforms were classy and the rate of fire of weapons was as appalling as their accuracy. Besides, there's nothing more tiresome then having to scatter a company of troops across a kilometer of uneven terrain -- it's much more neat to have an entire battalion walk a-breast in a field. The enemy was truly sportsman-like back then, and would allow your troops to come close before opening fire. Drums, deadly diseases and cavalry charges -- oh, yes, that's the CM for me.

9781855326040B4_big.jpg

21 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

Truth be told, I am expecting Combat Mission: Napoleon. I am sure, everyone wants to go back to the good old days: when gentlemen were gentlemen, uniforms were classy and the rate of fire of weapons was as appalling as their accuracy. Besides, there's nothing more tiresome then having to scatter a company of troops across a kilometer of uneven terrain -- it's much more neat to have an entire battalion walk a-breast in a field. The enemy was truly sportsman-like back then, and would allow your troops to come close before opening fire. Drums, deadly diseases and cavalry charges -- oh, yes, that's the CM for me.

9781855326040B4_big.jpg

Just play CMFI infantry only quick battles as Italians vs Italians. Pretty much the same thing. 😁

I'm sure Battlefront gets tired of working on the same WW2 and modern war stuff all the time. You know what the next great CM game will be? Combat Mission: Star Trek!

There are loads of Star Trek nerds that play games with ship battles and obsess over the technical details of phasers and torpedoes and warp engines and whatnot, but where's all the ground combat? It would be perfect for CM. Picture Bajoran resistance fighters hiding out in the hills, fighting the Cardassian occupation forces. Or Starfleet troops battling the Jem'Hadar during the Dominion Wars. Or how about Klingons? The only issue is that melee combat would have to be introduced, so the Klingons could use their bat'leths.

On 3/14/2018 at 11:44 AM, DerKommissar said:

I can tell by your avatar that you would be prime for some CM: BATTLETECH !!   Oh yeah......

I always mention that in threads like this.  :D

Edited by Blazing 88's

18 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

I can tell by your avatar that you would be prime for some CM: BATTLETECH !!

I am excited about the new Battletech releases, glad they're bringing mechs back. Actually, my avatar is the EU mech from Battlefield 2142. Which leads me to believe that CM: BF2142 is next, as the sequel to Black Sea. 

23 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

CMNA - Combat Mission North Afrika!

Or as it will be called: CM: BF1942.

Sorry, I've been having nightmares about EA taking over Battlefront. I cannot look at my avatar, anymore.