Quick question...

16 hours ago, Bozilas said:

Does the slow command for armor give increased spotting capability like Hunt does?  I know it dampens noise...

I'm not sure Hunt gives increased spotting ability either. I think it works more like an SOP - it tells your guys to advance slowly and to stop if enemies are observed.

There is nothing special about slow. The fact that the vehicle is going slowly offers more time along the path for  spotting but that's about it. The only real way to hear nearby armour is to have dismounts (either a crew or accompanying infantry) nearby. Mounted crew will not get ? as a result of sound because they are sitting in a big noise maker - even then idling.

12 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm not sure Hunt gives increased spotting ability either. I think it works more like an SOP - it tells your guys to advance slowly and to stop if enemies are observed.

I believe the manual says that hunt increases spotting. 

9 hours ago, IanL said:

There is nothing special about slow. The fact that the vehicle is going slowly offers more time along the path for  spotting but that's about it. The only real way to hear nearby armour is to have dismounts (either a crew or accompanying infantry) nearby. Mounted crew will not get ? as a result of sound because they are sitting in a big noise maker - even then idling.

So, are you saying that using slow to hide "noise contact" with armor is a pretty pointless tactic?  Might as well move fast or normal, because you will ALWAYS be heard?

12 hours ago, Bozilas said:

So, are you saying that using slow to hide "noise contact" with armor is a pretty pointless tactic?  Might as well move fast or normal, because you will ALWAYS be heard?

Sorry, I meant the other way around. Driving slow will not increase  your TC or crew's ability to hear enemy armour. I actually have no idea if the differing sound profile from tanks moving slow vs tanks moving fast makes a difference if they can be heard. Possibly worth testing out.