How to install version 4.0 and keep working version 3.12?

Yes, absolutely. I nearly always have multiple version of several games installed for just that reason.

What you do is either of the following:

A )

1. Run the v4 Full install and make sure to choose a different directory for the program.

B )

1. Make a copy of your current 3.12 install and rename the directory to reflect that it is 4.0
  2. Run the v4 upgrade install and make sure it is pointing at that new copy you just made so that gets updated to v4

That's pretty much it. If memory serves you might need to reactivate the game using your v3 and v4 keys. The key is to make sure you pay attention to where the game is going to install the sw be sure you are in charge. By default it will want to use the same location as previous installs.

15 hours ago, brisbane said:

In case my friend has version 4 and wants to reinstall version 3, how would he have to act? Simply uninstalling version 4 and starting the process as you said or would I have to do something else?

If you have v4 already and want a separate v3 install then just follow a variation of option A) but use the all-in-one v3 installer and make sure he points it to a new location.

Edited by IanL
clarity

When the v3 update was created they released the update install like usual for people with the v2 game. At the same time they released a full install package with all the modules and packs together in one installer. We call that the all in one installer.

It just occurred to me that you partner may never have bought v3 if they just recently bought the game. In that case they may not have access to that install. For questions like that I would open a support ticket.

Blue new ticket button here: https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com

On 1/3/2018 at 3:53 PM, IanL said:

Yes, absolutely. I nearly always have multiple version of several games installed for just that reason.

What you do is either of the following:

A )

1. Run the v4 Full install and make sure to choose a different directory for the program.

Finally, I have purchased the version 4.

Sorry, IanL but I can not find the v4 full installer.

When you refer to the v4 Full install, what installer do you mean exactly? Do you have any link to it? I could not find it on the web. On my PC I have been able to find the mega installer that updates the game until version 3.11. It occupies 6.06Gb Could it be done with this installer, then applying the patch until version 4.0?

If you go into your Store Account (from the main Battlefront web page) and click on the 'View' text in front of your order for the 4.0 Upgrade, this should eventually take you to the download page which then loads up the ShareFile download page. In here should be the 4.0 Upgrade files that you purchased (whether this was CMBN by itself or a 'bundle' of them for the other CM games). There are 'upgrade only' files that require an installation of CMBN that has been patched to 3.12 and then there are 'full installers'. The 4.0 Full Installer is a file named 'CM Normandy 4.00 Full Windows' (4GB in size). Checkmark the box at the top of this selection and then click the green 'Download' button. With just a single selection the download should be the standard file name (multiple files selected will result in a default file name of 'files.zip').

This 4.0 full installer can be installed with no other installation present in the directory it is pointed at. It installs everything (I'm not absolutely certain about the 'CMBN Battle Pack'). If you have activated previous license keys on this computer, then those modules should come up as activated already, to my knowledge. You will need to activate with the 4.0 Upgrade license key and when you do that it should hopefully show the other modules that have been previously activated (the 'success' screen). If it doesn't, then you will need to click on the 'Activate Modules' shortcut (possibly on your desktop after the 4.0 Install or within your CMBN directory that the 4.0 Full install has been installed to). You will need to activate each module that you have a license key for, one at a time (i.e. - you will need to relaunch the 'Activate Modules' shortcut for each item that needs to be activated).

Thank you very much for your detailed response. Inside my account, by clicking on the "View" button of the 4.0 update that I bought, only this file appears (see attached image).Captura.JPG.635717ddaaba0217fc11d294673c6491.JPG
No more files appear to download. No "CM Normandy 4.00 Full Windows" complete installer.

I didn't quite describe all of the steps in detail for getting to the download. Click on the 'CM Normndy - UPGRADE 4 (Windows)' text that is shown in your above screenshot and that takes you to a page with a download button. Clicking on that 'Start download' button then takes you to a link that says 'CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD'. Clicking on that link will take you to the Sharefile download location. In here there will be several folder icons that represent each possible file to download. Clicking on the checkmark box to the upper left of each particular folder icon selects that file to download. Selecting only one file 'CM Normandy 4.00 Full Windows' (4GB in size) is all that you need for the full installer. Clicking the 'Download' button in the lower right should initiate the actual downloading process (which will usually consist of a .zip compressed file that you will need to extract in order to run the installer).

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 3:53 PM, IanL said:

A )

B )

1. Make a copy of your current 3.12 install and rename the directory to reflect that it is 4.0
  2. Run the v4 upgrade install and make sure it is pointing at that new copy you just made so that gets updated to v4

That's pretty much it. If memory serves you might need to reactivate the game using your v3 and v4 keys. The key is to make sure you pay attention to where the game is going to install the sw be sure you are in charge. By default it will want to use the same location as previous installs.

Hi, can you explain the step B.2? I would not like to fail with this.

I have 3 directory:

1.-One with the old CMBN v3.xx

2.-Other with a copy of my current 3.12 install, rename to CMBN 4.0 (step B.1)

3.-And the new directory created after run the file 'CM Normandy 4.00 Full Windows' (step A.1)

So, when you say that in step B.2, I have to run the v4 upgrade install.  What file do you mean exactly?

In this last directory, I have a file named "Activate New Products - CMBN". Have I do anything with it?

Thanks in advance..... :)

I mean choose to do either A or B not both. So if you have a new v4 directory from running the full install you have CMBN 4.0 ready to go. And if you have an install of 3.xx and a copy of it renamed to CMBN 4 then you actually have three independent installs of CMBN. If I am reading that correctly you do not need the copy of CMBN 3.xx you made and called CMBN 4.