Sign in to follow this  
Oleksandr

Need Help From Fellow Modders

Guys while modding some vehicles I've came across one thing I cant solve on my own. 

When I've modded BM Oplot Tank I've found out that no matter what I do this happens: 

UVN6bvG.png

Whenever I touch a turret of that tank this thing comes out and covers its sight. No matter how I do it - work detail by detail, or macro or micro level texturing this thing appears. 

I dont know what to do. I've tried to rework side gear textures, break down each texture in parts but every time I do something to its turret - this thing appeats. 

FxW6hUX.png

How to get rid of it? I've tried everything. So if someone knows what the problem might be - please help. So the original texuture is fine, but when you touch it... this thing covers the main sight... 

I don't know what to do. Please help. 

P.S. I think we can use this topic for seeking solutions to your problems as well. So let us work together to make CMBS even better than it already is. Thank you. 

It's possible you are not saving the alpha channel properly when you edit the texture. In the game model, the command sight has a lens with a transparent texture.

5 hours ago, sbobovyc said:

It's possible you are not saving the alpha channel properly when you edit the texture. In the game model, the command sight has a lens with a transparent texture.

Hm thank you. It seems that I've always left it clear or maybe I didnt got a sense of what part of a texture responds to that transparent texture. Thank you anyways!