game crashes after some time playing

Deriuse

I assume this is still an issue?  I recently moved up to Win 10 (new SSD, complete new install of Win and CMBN) and I'm getting random CTD in every game of CM I play (realtime, WEGO, campaign, battle, doesn't matter).  I have a GTX 1070 on driver 430.86.  I don't feel like having to roll my driver back to 2017 (that's insane), or turning shaders off...the graphics are dated enough as it is. CM is the only game that crashes on me.  I was looking at getting the CMFI bundle, but certainly won't be with this issue still present.  Extremely annoying setting up all of your troops and then just getting kicked to the desktop...

On 8/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, aleader said:

Update...realized I did not have the latest drivers and updated to the 431.60 and managed to get through a battle without crashing.  I will continue to test...

Any luck with the testing? Did it crash at all?

Just bought the game, so its a clean install (cm:fb), and it keeps crashing 20+ turns into battle.  (no error message popup).

Is there a known issue/solution?  Since the game doesn't have an auto save it really sucks :(

Seeing as the thread is a year old, this doesn't look good....

• 3 months later...

I don't know if other people are still having crashes but I think I might have found a quick and easy fix for the CTDs so I thought I'd post in this old thread in case it is useful for other people.

I got a new PC last summer with windows 10 and the game has kept crashing on me with a CTD with an uncanny regularity ever since. The game has always been rock solid and super stable before. It wasn't the end of the world because I only experienced these crashes after 2 hours, 2 hours and a half of play. But it was every session and it was bugging me a little.

I tried all the suggestions in this thread, toying with nvidia settings, having the exe in admin mode, excluding it from the anti virus etc. But no luck. I was about to try different drivers for my graphic card as a last resort because I don't particularly like updating these all the time just to gain 1-2 fps when all the other games I play work fine.

Then I right clicked on the game exe to access the properties and set it to launch in windows 8 compatibility mode. I have tested it for a week to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. I have had zero crashes since I did that.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:54 AM, Zveroboy1 said:

Then I right clicked on the game exe to access the properties and set it to launch in windows 8 compatibility mode. I have tested it for a week to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. I have had zero crashes since I did that.

I also tried that mode once, and it didn't fix the crashes. The only thing that helped for me was to toggle off the shaders.

I upgraded my system in the summer and am now running an NVidia RTX2080 TI. with driver set 432.00. This has run all the CM games at max settings with shaders (and shadows) for 6-8 hours at a time with no problems at all. I haven't installed driver upgrades beyond 432.00 (I'm not running anything that's needed it) but I can certainly confirm that this one works fine.