The patch?

1 hour ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

I built a grandiose display cabinet stocked with the finest liquors, then sealed it. On the glass, I applied a vinyl decal that reads "Break in case of 4.0 patch". I'm ready.

Steve we need the patch right now!!!!! Xorg headed to your place.

21 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Don't worry. Elsewhere on this forum I have made reference to Elizabeth Cromwell's brew kettle.

Well, thank the masters! A balanced 400-year old Puritan. Who'd have thunk.

I totally agree with some of the posts above, taking all things into consideration it surely would not hurt battlefront to just post a quick update once a month or something similar. It would not take a lot of time and would do countless good for their customer relations. At the moment it all seems a bit one sided, battlefront hold all the cards and we, the customer just have to wait until they deem necessary for any updates etc, in my opinion that is not how a company should behave in this day and age, it should be a two-way street of input/output so that customer and provider feel they are both benefiting in some way.

Add into this the changed AI behavior that has made many scenarios/campaigns unplayable, and therefore the reluctance of users to create more content until this is fixed. All of these things add up to put battlefront in a poor light, with time users will grow tired and look elsewhere, and that would be a shame for all of us.

All we are asking for is a little communication!

regards and hopeful, slipper

I have been very critical of the 4.0 problems, and I still hope for a patch sooner rather than later. But there are also some positive things about 4.0 that I hope they manage to keep.

For example, it used to be that you didn't really need bigger calibre HE to kill infantry in a building. Because you could just pop away with a 37mm gun, and eventually all the troops in the building would be dead. Smaller calibre guns also fire faster, and usually carry more ammo, so it wasn't a problem. Now, if you start firing with a small gun, it's most likely that the defenders will run away before you can wipe them out. So, this gives more purpose to bigger assault guns.

Anyway, yeah, I'm also looking forward to the patch, or at least some news about it. I don't want a rushed patch, but a "sorry guys, still working on this, taking longer than expected" would be nice. Or if they can't fix it, then maybe just roll back this particular part of the 4.0 patch while keeping the infantry spacing improvements.

Sometimes I think 4.0 works better with Black Sea, because the weapons there are so deadly that you want your men to always be mobile and fall back if they come under fire. Plus the infantry movement changes and the ability for them to take cover around building corners are big game changers.

It doesn't make much sense for a bunch of WWII troops packed into a trenchline to abandon their positions and run around under artillery fire though.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

Perfect.

Are you sure we want C3k to play Gandalf though, I think he would tell Frodo and Sam to run straight through the Black gate ;)

The audio edit at the end bleeds over to gandalf so I just picked someone from this thread to be gandalf.

I've thought about doing a untergang parody but there are other meme ideas I want to do first.  If I make one I'll probably save a untergang parody for something else to complain about in Battlefront/CM, I've already made two videos on the patch!