The patch?

15 hours ago, Sulomon said:
20 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The main reason why i like this forum is that it somehow always manages to find the right balance and it has the ability to 'clean itself' so to speak. Probably because there's a lot of good will and genuine love for these unique games around. That's why i think it will never come to what you fear.

Cleaning would be easier if down voting was an option.

You can just block people who annoy you. It's very easy.

I haven't blocked that many though, even though they may be annoying, rude etc. I like to hear other viewpoints. If I see something that is overly negative, I just shrug and move on. No reason to take it personally.

29 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

You can just block people who annoy you. It's very easy.

I haven't blocked that many though, even though they may be annoying, rude etc. I like to hear other viewpoints. If I see something that is overly negative, I just shrug and move on. No reason to take it personally.

That's wise, Bulletpoint. I mean that. Must try to do that too. Would save me a lot of energy. Got my first official warning a couple of weeks ago. And for what? Totally unnecessary.

Edited by Aragorn2002

17 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That's wise, Bulletpoint. I mean that. Must try to do that too. Would save me a lot of energy. Got my first official warning a couple of weeks ago. And for what? Totally unnecessary.

Yeah it's better to take a deep breath and move on before it escalates to that.

12 hours ago, sburke said:
15 hours ago, Sulomon said:

Yeah but the same logic applies to upvotes, they can also be abused.

not in the same way.  The down voting became almost a form of bullying.

Exactly - the worst thing that can happen with up voting is I can post something and be slightly disappointing that it doesn't get any up votes or read some dumb comment that does get up voted and feel perplexed. But if I get ganged up on with down votes it feels a lot more personal.

Edited by IanL
Completed my thought

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Zo is het, rustaaaghhh man :) 

we had down votes for the forum it didnt work. 

for one JK woulda been gonenyears ago and though I mock him he does find good stuff sometimes and has just as mich right here as anyone. 

me also. theres an unnamed person close to the development team thats notoriously short with people.i dont know why but this guy has always seemed to dislike me insomich as u can a person u dont know on a msg board.

no matter what i posted- one time i got 17 likes. the unlike? him. he got to the point he.d literally downvote anything i posted whether or not he was ij the discussion or the content.

Sorry but ya it gets abused.

pls sulomon i like u. i still owe u a pbem i had to bail on. yes i made some jokes about your bakruptcy comment but youve been around and i respect you. 

do you realize the absolute torrent of downvotes you would have gotten with that bankruptcy post and especially when CARLWAW (and all the naysayers) got completely showed up by 3 part mega bone?

we.re better off about it. plus its too 'dumb' if someone wants to trash me lets hear their academic or witty reasons why im strong evidence that abortion should be legal ( jk jk my views i will not state ) not just a down thumb.

Edited by Sublime

5 hours ago, Sublime said:

we had down votes for the forum it didnt work. 

for one JK woulda been gonenyears ago and though I mock him he does find good stuff sometimes and has just as mich right here as anyone. 

<snipped>

Yea, it was disheartening to see that happen.  I'm glad it's disabled.

The Kettlerian Universe is very different from how I perceive reality but I certainly respect John's passion and the wonderful nuggets he finds.  We would likely not get along face-to-face but he merits all the innate social courtesies I can offer as well as the respect of his humanity which is only right.  Viva la difference!  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Badger73 said:

The Kettlerian Universe

That's a great term.....Maybe it should be a thread of his very own?  :lol:

Might save wear & tear on some of the others, if nothing else.  ;)

+1 for the humanity.....Not totally sure JK really is one though, but I'd better give him the benefit of the doubt I guess!  :D

4 hours ago, Badger73 said:

The Kettlerian Universe is very different from how I perceive reality but I certainly respect John's passion and the wonderful nuggets he finds.  We would likely not get along face-to-face but he merits all the innate social courtesies I can offer as well as the respect of his humanity which is only right.  Viva la difference!  :ph34r:

Lol, that’s how I always viewed the Mordinian Universe!:D

(Just kidding, Mord ol’ buddy!)