The patch?

1 hour ago, Mord said:

Incidentally,  Steve-Time™ works best for death sentences and lap dances, other than them it sucks!

I know, comrade. And that is then the only sensible conclusion we can draw. BF has been far too optimistic regarding the enormous workload they have to deal with.

1 hour ago, CarlWAW said:

We are not sorry for the delays because we are the ones who suffer the most. Besides our 4 hour sleep, we take the freedom to post long comments about politics.

So? it's his forum he can post what he wants when he wants.

It's ready when it's ready. Then it will be released.

So? Been that way since CMBO. Now it bugs you? The one time they strayed they spent a year getting their a**es chewed for releasing CMSF too early. But I am sure you wouldn't have complained about that.

And don't forget: we have been successful and in business for 20 years.

Yeah, we get it. They haven't been in business for twenty years, they haven't succeeded, this is all fake, and the website is one giant sock puppet. LOL. Man, at this point I think you just want someone to pay attention to you. Ok. Consider this post me patting you on the head and saying "That was an ingenious troll, son! You are such a good boy!"

Mord.

7 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I know, comrade. And that is then the only sensible conclusion we can draw. BF has been far too optimistic regarding the enormous workload they have to deal with.

LOL. Yeah, but actually it's ALWAYS been that way. Whenever Steve uses the word "soon", I add four to six months to the timeline and groan. It frustrates me, but I don't get paranoid and fly off the handle like some of these guys. After 17 and a half years I am used to it. 

Mord.

15 minutes ago, Mord said:

LOL. Yeah, but actually it's ALWAYS been that way. Whenever Steve uses the word "soon", I add four to six months to the timeline and groan. It frustrates me, but I don't get paranoid and fly off the handle like some of these guys. After 17 and a half years I am used to it. 

Mord.

You're a better man than I am. I'm so much longing for the CMRT module that it almost physically hurts. But that's the last one that will be released. -_-

I'm hoping to play winter battles next winter, but we will see.

Edited by Aragorn2002

28 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

You're a better man than I am.

I just hide it better. You wouldn't have said that if you'd seen me this one day last month. I logged on after being away for a couple weeks, saw there was no mention of anything, started cussing up a storm and got so pissed I immediately shut down my browser. LMAO! Just best not to post in that state.

28 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm so much longing for the CMRT module that it almost physically hurts. Can't wait for the guns to start firing again. :)

I completely empathize. I feel that way about SF2. I've been pining away for it ever since it was a mentioned a few years ago. Now that we are right on the verge I am going nuts.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, Txema said:

With all due respect, that statement makes really no sense.

If Steve spends 1 hour per month informing his customers about the evolution of the work on their project/s closer to completion, and the patch takes one year of work to be finished, then the release of the patch would be delayed less than two days due to the time invested in informing the customers. I think that everybody would accept that insignificant delay in the release of the patch in exchange of monthly information about the evolution of the work on the patch and on other close project/s.

Nice try. But logic doesnt get you anywhere on this forum... ;)

1 hour ago, Mord said:

I logged on after being away for a couple weeks, saw there was no mention of anything, started cussing up a storm and got so pissed I immediately shut down my browser. LMAO! Just best not to post in that state.  

:D  Oh, good.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that does that from time to time :lol:.   The part in bold is great advice that I try to follow.     

10 hours ago, AlexUK said:

Several people are working very hard on the new stuff. There are no major issues with BFC or the planned projects. Progress is being made.

For me, that is good enough (and benpark has also posted elsewhere recently to the same effect).

This is what I was referring to earlier. You are OK with the level of communication that is already happening. Others are not. So my questions still stands what level of communication will satisfy users? I submit no level will :D There will always be someone complaining about it. I can see it now "but you said progress is being made the last three months in a row - that's not good enough" This whole thing is ridiculous. There has been plenty of testers and the like saying things are moving along. I really don't think there will be any more hand holding* from Steve.

8 hours ago, Rosmarus said:

No, we actually do not know that at the moment. For all we know they could be prepearing to file for bankruptcy and keeping low profile while doing it not to affect sales.

LOL actually it's not funny - it's completely ridiculous. Steve is his own boss he gets to work on what he wants to or needs to. He decides. We don't get to tell him. Even if what you say is plausible then to keep us from knowing he could just chime in and update you guys* problem solved.

This entire conversation is asinine.

*must refrain from...

19 minutes ago, IanL said:

I really don't think there will be any more hand holding* from Steve.

"And with that said, I'm locking this thread and will post a much, much, much needed update sometime tonight.

Steve"

HA HA!

Mord.

P.S.

12 minutes ago, IanL said:

Yeah that is good advice - wish I had followed it a few days go.

Don't sweat it. Just about everyone on here has blown at least one gasket on someone over the years. I have a dozen under my belt at this point.

Edited by Mord