The patch?

2 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

The old company that created the innovative success of CM, was run by people having all the time in the world for long political posts, while they were years behind schedule?

Probably, although I'm not sure if your in the same dimension as they are. :P

I guess you skipped an inter-loop and are now a few years ahead of them. Besides, schedules are over-praised imaginations coming from a time-neurosis bound control freak society. 

Edited by Lethaface

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Over the years us old-timers have see exactly the same comments from impatient and frustrated gamers over and over (and over) again.  I am impatient as well.  But, it's preferable that BF spend all their resources working to produce the best possible product than dealing with PR.

LOL it has been a while since I totally agree with @Erwin. So Hell ya!

I am loving the idea of @Mord not being the ream Mord and @sburke not being the real sburke. So I'm not the real @IanL either and so it was not really me who flew off the handle a while back and insulted said "impatient and frustrated gamers". Whew that was close but my reputation remains in tact - at least in the mind of the new IanL. :D

4 minutes ago, sburke said:

So I just got a mailing to my house addressed to s burkely.   I am definitely not who I thought I was and my avatar is quite upset. 

be careful, it might be a package intended for your avatar deceivingly addressed with your "real name".

7 minutes ago, sburke said:

I think pretty much everywhere unless I am confused.  Which is undoubtedly true.  Confusing eh?

This must be how like American civvies captured by the Norks ( or just Trump ) feels..

UTTERLY CONFUSED about every aspect of the conversation, disagreement, and responses.

well since we.re all sock puppets that are working with a secret organization thats coopted BFC and deceived the world about its true defunct state, and that I dont actually exist, and Steve and Charles havent been around in over 15 years - Id say sburke will be fine.

The package will blow up in some poor saps face while burke and I clink margaritas on an undisclosed tropical coast. After we enjoy some massages from local women Ill go pour some fish food into Charles brain dish and we.ll all have a laugh about swindling everyone on a 10 ( or was it 5 ) dollar update.

8 minutes ago, Sublime said:

well since we.re all sock puppets that are working with a secret organization thats coopted BFC and deceived the world about its true defunct state, and that I dont actually exist, and Steve and Charles havent been around in over 15 years - Id say sburke will be fine.

The package will blow up in some poor saps face while burke and I clink margaritas on an undisclosed tropical coast. After we enjoy some massages from local women Ill go pour some fish food into Charles brain dish and we.ll all have a laugh about swindling everyone on a 10 ( or was it 5 ) dollar update.

Have a good laugh while I see to the needs of the local women. :D

Between the troll(s) on the one hand and the fanboys on the other, there's a majority of people who are trully worried about the lack of information and the undeniably long wait. One can of course try to explore that to crucify BF or to make fun of it like a bunch of stand-up comedians. I'm not interested in Charles this or Steve that. Sucking up to BF isn't going to bring any change. Being critical about the lack of PR neither, but it is at least partly justified. Just wanted to make that clear, before the mood gets too merry.

Having said that I know that it's all a waste of time and energy. It's done when it's done. Whenever that may be.

Unfollowing this.

Edited by Aragorn2002

16 hours ago, benpark said:

This is the internet equivalent to hearing "Are we there yet?" from the backseat. Even though we have taken a lot of trips together that turned out fine, even if we had to take the scenic route (ie. longer) a few times.

The drivers are all currently driving like maniacs, and need to concentrate completely on the road right now if we want to get to (insert desirable destination here).

We can pull off at a rest station when Steve gets to one. It's his car (along with a guy named Charles that seems to be in a cooler in the trunk) - he knows best (really) when its time to stop for a look at the roadmap.

As far as I know, the wheels are still on my car, and on those ahead. No fires either, only the road flying by under the wheels, like always.

...And another 15 minutes gone, since I got lost in this cul-de-sac.

From my perspective, updates are being provided, apart from the regular beta tester posters, eg sburke, the above is a good example - benpark is heavily involved in at least the CMRT module, and, within the limits of what he can say, has said:

Several people are working very hard on the new stuff. There are no major issues with BFC or the planned projects. Progress is being made.

For me, that is good enough (and benpark has also posted elsewhere recently to the same effect).

P.S. I am hugely impressed by the time and effort the beta testers are putting in to support BFC, and help out with problems on the boards.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

..., there's a majority of people who are truly worried about the lack of information ...

What I find strange is that if Steve popped up in this thread and said "we're still working on the patch", that would theoretically satisfy what's being asked for.

And yet ... you knew that already.

10 minutes ago, Baneman said:

What I find strange is that if Steve popped up in this thread and said "we're still working on the patch", that would theoretically satisfy what's being asked for.

No, we actually do not know that at the moment. For all we know they could be prepearing to file for bankruptcy and keeping low profile while doing it not to affect sales. You can't just stop communicating with customers after you've said that soemthing is nearing completion. And this has been a trend for a while. They were supposed to roll out a new store front back when Final Blitzkrieg was announced. Well they stopped talking about it as well and didn't do it. There is no evidence of them working on the patch any more and there won't be until we get an official statement about it. And as you say, it'd only take them a few seconds, just log in and post "We're sorry for the delays, but we are working on it" etc.

1 hour ago, Baneman said:

Baneman. Of course we know they are working on it and that 'the car is driving'. For crying out loud. :)  For me this is about promises about screenshots and approximate release dates that aren't being kept. Even people defending this, acknowledge that given timelines are pretty useless. And the patch is vital for releasing the modules.

Let me be more concrete. How many times did BF tell us that things were going great and that we could expect the modules at the end of a certain year or at the beginning of a certain year (but not much later) and so on and so forth? Delays are always possible. Reasons why promised screenshots can't be released are always possible, but COMMUNICATE. Tell us why you need another six months, or why you can't even tell that. Of course these guys are working hard. Of course they are under a lot of pressure. Of course we can't even stand in the shadow of their skills and dedication. Just simple and clear communication. Why is more time needed? Why no screenshots? Is it possible to name a year? 2019? 2020? Do you at least have a goal you're aiming at?

And throw in a NEW bone from time to time. Keeps us happy for months.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Historically, these long periods of frustration and BFC silence mean something is close (remember the upgrade announcement? The CMFI surprise? etc.). Steve seems to let it get to the absolute boiling point and then we are deluged with either info or a release, or both. With them juggling three flaming bowling pins and the 4.0 grenade I can understand why this is a long one. I can also understand why people are getting angsty and pissed off. It frustrates the hell out of me too, but I've come to learn, after all these years, that this is how they do it, for better or worse. The pissy, negative side of me says "screw it, I am gonna stop checking the forums for any news" and the positive side of me says "we are at Defcon 1 and a launch is imminent". We are going on six months so something has got to give. Yeah, I am sick of waiting. But it is what it is, which is how it always is.

Incidentally,  Steve-Time™ works best for death sentences and lap dances, other than them it sucks!

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, Rosmarus said:

No, we actually do not know that at the moment. For all we know they could be prepearing to file for bankruptcy and keeping low profile while doing it not to affect sales. You can't just stop communicating with customers after you've said that soemthing is nearing completion. And this has been a trend for a while. They were supposed to roll out a new store front back when Final Blitzkrieg was announced. Well they stopped talking about it as well and didn't do it. There is no evidence of them working on the patch any more and there won't be until we get an official statement about it. And as you say, it'd only take them a few seconds, just log in and post "We're sorry for the delays, but we are working on it" etc.

We are not sorry for the delays because we are the ones who suffer the most. Besides our 4 hour sleep, we take the freedom to post long comments about politics.

It's ready when it's ready. Then it will be released.

And don't forget: we have been successful and in business for 20 years.

;)

20 hours ago, Erwin said:

Over the years us old-timers have see exactly the same comments from impatient and frustrated gamers over and over (and over) again.  I am impatient as well.  But, it's preferable that BF spend all their resources working to produce the best possible product than dealing with PR. 

With all due respect, that statement makes really no sense.

If Steve spends 1 hour per month informing his customers about the evolution of the work on their project/s closer to completion, and the patch takes one year of work to be finished, then the release of the patch would be delayed less than two days due to the time invested in informing the customers. I think that everybody would accept that insignificant delay in the release of the patch in exchange of monthly information about the evolution of the work on the patch and on other close project/s.

Txema