Quick Question N1: What's Next? 

Quick Question N2: When? 

Last time we had something happening in CM world was Tuesday April 25th of 2017 when CMBS Battle Pack came out (by the way I never played any campaign/battle in CM, I view it as a sandbox for quick battles/multiplayer only, so I dont even know those story lines behind those games (its all like a setting for me and thats all)). 

So basically its almost a year since last update in CM world happened. 

Last patch was like in 2016

So gentlemen, please share all the things you know about what is going, when we will have our hands on new content, and when two major games in series CM: Red Thunder and CM: Black Sea will be massively updated with new formations, armies, vehicles, units, and so on. Another words when we will have a chance to spend our money on sweet stuff again? 

P.S. I viewed all the youtube channels, I went through all magazines like armchair colonel (and yes i made a mistake for a reason) or something like that (well that stuff what was posting news about CM world before) and I wonder when the most interesting games of this series will be finally updated? When we will see WW2 game 1939-1941, when we will see new equipment to those games we already have? When will we finally get our hands on TONS of new and high quality stuff? I'm really ready to spend a good old dollars of mine on the new polished content. By the way why there are no upgrades to CMA? When new seasons will be added to those games what are limited to certain months? When we will get new huuuuuuuge maps for battalion level battles? When the time of a quick battle will be increased to 4 or even 6 hours? When you we will be able to set quick battles in CMA in a normal way by picking units ourselves? When tons of bags will be fixed in existing games? 

I mean its being a year of silence (on all official channels/sources) basically since we got something happening. 

Quick example - remember those times when developers were posting ingame footage on certain youtube challens (like mission walthrough, and all that)?

Where are all the new teasers, screenshots, videos, trailers, shows, and all that? 

As a customer I feel completely abandoned, it looks like nothing is moving anywhere (and there are tons of things to improve and to fix). 

So my fellow comrades, my friends, please share what you know about what is going to happen next within CM world and when that might be happening. Coz its kinda seems... like... Nothing is going on. I do not like to use forums as a source of information because its always subjective (no deadlines, no updates on time, no time lines whatsoever, its always like "lets see after like next december" or so) but my God there were no news about CM in PC games related portals for a while. So I guess I need  to ask it here. 

Last but not least - please support this topic just because that will make me look cool lol. Just kidding, please support this topic with screenshots and links to those sources you use to find out what will happen and when will happen. 

SnbxUIF.jpg

52 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? :rolleyes:

See the following:

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, Battlefront.com said:

No, sorry.  All CMA content is owned by another party.  We can't use any of it without their permission.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Battlefront.com said:

We don't own the content for CM:A and that pushes it way down on our priority list for updating because it would involve quite a bit of work with considerable risk the effort wouldn't be worth doing vs. putting the same time and resources into other stuff

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

Still nothing about CMBS in that whole thread. CMBS was only mentioned in the context of Battle pack #1.

There was the below in a different thread.  Link is below.  @Oleksandr if your looking for a little CMBS information.

6.  CMBS jumped ahead of others with its own Battle Pack, but is owed a Module.  We've been doing them in order of release and that means CMBS is theoretically next after CMRT.  Marines are an obvious selection for the first Module and the work being done for CMSF2 is going to pave the way for that to happen.  

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/125797-another-reason-for-a-centralized-forum/?do=findComment&comment=1724848

Edited by MOS:96B2P

BFC is grinding forward like a steamroller. Pursuing a 'broad front' strategy (like Eisenhower) where the various projects are not really that far apart development-wise. Oh, I'd have tales to tell if weren't for the tester NDA. ;)

Edited by MikeyD

50 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

BFC is grinding forward like a steamroller. Pursuing a 'broad front' strategy (like Eisenhower) where the various project are not really that far apart development-wise. Oh, I'd have tales to tell if weren't for the tester NDA. ;)

you do have tales to tell... you just can't tell them :P 

I'm kind of puzzled by this iron curtain like secrecy. What could BF potentially lose by revealing more info? It's not like someone could steal their ideas. The only thing I can think of, is that the devs would lose their peace of mind because people would start bombarding them with new question and demands. 

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

BFC is grinding forward like a steamroller. Pursuing a 'broad front' strategy (like Eisenhower) where the various project are not really that far apart development-wise. Oh, I'd have tales to tell if weren't for the tester NDA. ;)

I will bug and surveil your residence to get some bones and than extort you to keep me quiet.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Ivanov said:

...the devs would lose their peace of mind because people would start bombarding them with new question and demands. 

Bingo! Plus, imagine the chaos that would break out on the forums every time something was delayed or some promised feature could not be made to work. Thank the gods of development that we are spared all of that and the boards are (relatively) tranquil.

Michael

7 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

There was the below in a different thread.  Link is below.  @Oleksandr if your looking for a little CMBS information.

6.  CMBS jumped ahead of others with its own Battle Pack, but is owed a Module.  We've been doing them in order of release and that means CMBS is theoretically next after CMRT.  Marines are an obvious selection for the first Module and the work being done for CMSF2 is going to pave the way for that to happen.  

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/125797-another-reason-for-a-centralized-forum/?do=findComment&comment=1724848

Thanks man. 

10 hours ago, Ivanov said:

I'm kind of puzzled by this iron curtain like secrecy. What could BF potentially lose by revealing more info? It's not like someone could steal their ideas. The only thing I can think of, is that the devs would lose their peace of mind because people would start bombarding them with new question and demands. 

Nah. It's the expectations which would be raised. 

For example, if a patch were announced that solved 21 problems but, upon release, it only solved 20 problems, well, that "missing" fix would become the focus.

Instead of raising false hopes and then dashing them, they maintain silence. 

2 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

I believe, BFC, has clearly stated that there will be no more 'Modern Titles/Modules, and will concentrate on their WWII Titles/Modules...No !

No.  :mellow:

20 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Lets differentiate between 'titles' for a theoretical next generation CM and their continuing to support & expand the current game engine. CMSF is being thoroughly rejuvenated, CMBS is the jewel in the crown with detailed future plans laid out. BFC has so many long-range projects that it may take 'em past retirement age to get to everything. Its not as though Steve can simply wake up one morning and proclaim "I want to do an India/Pakistan title!' and the final product magically appears three months later. Its a lot of prep, a lot of planning, a lot of research, and all the of gears in the BFC machine working together to produce a final product.

Edited by MikeyD

6 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

I believe, BFC, has clearly stated that there will be no more 'Modern Titles/Modules, and will concentrate on their WWII Titles/Modules...No !

Bah humbug. While BFC does not release sales figures there is palpable evidence that the sales of the modern titles have constituted a large measure of revenue inflow in the past ten years. BFC would be making a foolish move to abandon that lucrative market.

Michael

38 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

Bah humbug. While BFC does not release sales figures there is palpable evidence that the sales of the modern titles have constituted a large measure of revenue inflow in the past ten years. BFC would be making a foolish move to abandon that lucrative market.

Michael

Fine...I then stand corrected  ;-)