Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on trying to rescue incapacitated wounded soldiers and/or their weapons from a minefield?

My conclusion is that it is better to leave them, perhaps only risk going in if its a key weapon like portable AT weapons/demo charges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if you have an engineer, they can Mark Mines. Once in the minefield, (which is where they end up after doing that command), have them SLOW back out the same way they came. Unless you want them to provide buddy aid and possibly get the weapons. Otherwise, have the desired unit Slow into the action spot...following the same path that the engineers took. (I'm not sure that matters. But I'm not sure it doesn't.)

If no engineers, then toss a demo charge in there. You may lose the weapons, though. 

If nothing else, find some volunteers. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another less elegant solution:

If it's an AP mine field, run some tracked vehicles through square. Each will take track damage but also detonate some of the mines. If you detonate enough mines, the signpost will change to green, showing it's now safe to enter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Another less elegant solution:

If it's an AP mine field, run some tracked vehicles through square. Each will take track damage but also detonate some of the mines. If you detonate enough mines, the signpost will change to green, showing it's now safe to enter.

Going to be pretty intense on the nerves when there is no way to know if there are AT mines around as well.

Edited by The_MonkeyKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

Going to be pretty intense on the nerves when there is no way to know if there are AT mines around as well.

Yes.  A mixed minefield will make things exciting.  :D  I think @c3k is influencing @Bulletpoint.  :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Yes.  A mixed minefield will make things exciting.  :D  I think @c3k is influencing @Bulletpoint.  :lol:  

Well, perhaps. I do believe his system may be better, especially in a mixed minefield and using a truck filled with 2 or 3 squads. The little survivors can scramble around setting off any extra mines. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, c3k said:

Well, perhaps. I do believe his system may be better, especially in a mixed minefield and using a truck filled with 2 or 3 squads. The little survivors can scramble around setting off any extra mines. ;)

Are you sure you did not command a penal battalion in a previous Life ?

Good old Stalin would have loved this kind entusiasm i'm sure ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before you get too bloodthirsty, I'd like to add that usually a tank is not destroyed by setting off an AP mine, it's merely immobilised :)

 

Edited by Bulletpoint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Another less elegant solution:

If it's an AP mine field, run some tracked vehicles through square. Each will take track damage but also detonate some of the mines. If you detonate enough mines, the signpost will change to green, showing it's now safe to enter.

I will keep that in mind. :o

19 hours ago, c3k said:

Well, if you have an engineer, they can Mark Mines. Once in the minefield, (which is where they end up after doing that command), have them SLOW back out the same way they came. Unless you want them to provide buddy aid and possibly get the weapons. Otherwise, have the desired unit Slow into the action spot...following the same path that the engineers took. (I'm not sure that matters. But I'm not sure it doesn't.)

If no engineers, then toss a demo charge in there. You may lose the weapons, though. 

If nothing else, find some volunteers. ;)

Ok, thanks for the detailed reply

13 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

Are you sure you did not command a penal battalion in a previous Life ?

Good old Stalin would have loved this kind entusiasm i'm sure ;)

Penal battalions, a new feature in proposed Red Thunder module (for the Soviets and the Nazi's) :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, c3k said:

Yeah...and if they have a big enough crew, dismount them and have them do the polka! YEAH! Victory Mine Dance. 

;)

With polka music or more NKVD style? ;)

Edited by Ales Dvorak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×