CMBS Russian Ammo Dump Problem

In CMBS v2.1 Engine 4.0 the Russian Supply section set to dismount does not show up on the map at all.  Not as a supply dump and not as a vehicle.  I also tested a few vehicles that were not part of the Russian supply section and had the same result.  They show in the editor but the supply dumps don't show up in the game under the following circumstances: 

Playing turn base, real time or scenario author test mode as US. 

Supply dumps (dismounted vehicles) are visible when playing as the Russians or in hot seat.   

Edited by MOS:96B2P

I don't think this is V4.0 related...

IIRC i had this exact thing happen to me when i was working on a CMRT scenario far prior to V4.0

Damn it !!! I can't remember right now what caused it...or If i ever did find a solution...

The problem is not a new one though...i'm pretty sure.

@RepsolCBR thanks for the answer.  I have not tested this in the other titles, only CMBS.    I am trying to make a counter insurgency type scenario and wanted part of the mission to be to locate Separatist ammo dumps.  I think I found a workaround using flavor objects - Pallets #1 & #3 along with a Touch Objective. If you do remember anything please post.

7 minutes ago, Pete Wenman said:

ammo dumps don't show at the lower difficulty settings. 

Yep this is true.  I tried in Iron as US.  

4 minutes ago, sburke said:

yeah I just ran a test in iron and I have the ammo dump on map from the supply section playing as Russians.

Yep this works as Russians.  Russians can also see blue supply dumps.  However US can't see red supply dumps except in hot seat.  I'm working on a scenario where Blue forces are searching for Separatists and their supply dumps while guarding infrastructure.  That's why I wanted the US / Ukrainians to be able to spot Red ammo dumps.  I think I have an acceptable workaround as outlined above.    

Yes, on lower difficulties the ammo will be spread equally between units - but within reason. For example: an ATGM team won't carry much more than 5-6 ATGMs max on Warrior; so its not as effective as planting one right next to an ammo dump on Elite. 

18 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Yep this is true.  I tried in Iron as US.  

Yep this works as Russians.  Russians can also see blue supply dumps.  However US can't see red supply dumps except in hot seat.  I'm working on a scenario where Blue forces are searching for Separatists and their supply dumps while guarding infrastructure.  That's why I wanted the US / Ukrainians to be able to spot Red ammo dumps.  I think I have an acceptable workaround as outlined above.    

gotcha, let me try again

confirmed same scenario - in hot seat they see the dump, in SP they don't.  I'll turn in a ticket

Edited by sburke

33 minutes ago, Pete Wenman said:

Just to add I'm not sure Blue forces can see Red ammo dumps and vice versa

I think this is mostly true.  I just tried again as the Russians looking for a US supply dump and they were not able to see it.  But, as with the US, the Russians did see the US supply dump when playing in hot seat.   "sigh"  Well unless @sburke has a breakthrough I'll use the workaround.  The workaround just uses up another terrain objective.  I was trying to be sneaky and make the ammo dumps into unit (spot) objectives..................