PAEZ

Mouse disappearance

Hello, my mouse pointer disappearance once I start the game. At the Menu page. On both CMBN, and CMRT. Windows 10, Nvidia card 650ti 8g ram, Running version 4 on both games.   It has always worked. But I have not play these games in a while. The only thing difference is Windows updates, Which are up to date.But other than  that. I have not change anything on the computer.

Any ideas ??

Edited by PAEZ

I would generally guess video driver updates, but I'm uncertain on this. Is this computer a desktop or a laptop ? Does the mouse have any unique drivers for it or just what Windows 10 has for it ?

I suggest downloading the latest applicable Nvidia driver, uninstalling your current driver (which may require a reboot) and then reinstall the driver, but select the 'custom' option and make sure to check the box for a 'clean install'. This should delete previous version files and registry entries (supposedly).

Posted (edited)

I now have the same problem, mentioned in the OP, of a disappearing mouse on my Windows 10 laptop.  (The mouse still works fine on my Windows 10 desktop machine)  When the load screen is displayed there is no mouse cursor.  If I move the mouse very carefully the different options on the load screen will highlight but the mouse cursor is invisible.  This is on a HP Pavilion notebook PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4000.  I attempted to update the drivers for the intel 4000 and the search advised the best drivers for the device were already installed.  The Window 10 updates are all current.   Any ideas?    

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Do any of you guys have cats?  As you can tell, I am an expert in these new-fangled computer matters ... Hope you get it solved through more traditional means involving clever people with sensible advice.

You didn't happen to mention if it was wireless or not.  I have seen the issue of the mouse disapperaing on Win 10 apps at times.  Try taking the battery out of the mouse for  a few seconds and see if it reappears.  I have heard that wireless mice can be susceptible to inteference, even from cell phones.  Worth a try anyway.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:24 PM, Jim1954 said:

You didn't happen to mention if it was wireless or not.  I have seen the issue of the mouse disapperaing on Win 10 apps at times.  Try taking the battery out of the mouse for  a few seconds and see if it reappears.  I have heard that wireless mice can be susceptible to inteference, even from cell phones.  Worth a try anyway.

The mouse is wireless.  The thing is the cursor is visible everywhere outside the game.  I can minimize the game and see the cursor without a problem.  However, I removed the batteries but no luck.  Thanks for trying.