Mouse disappearance

PAEZ

Hello, my mouse pointer disappearance once I start the game. At the Menu page. On both CMBN, and CMRT. Windows 10, Nvidia card 650ti 8g ram, Running version 4 on both games.   It has always worked. But I have not play these games in a while. The only thing difference is Windows updates, Which are up to date.But other than  that. I have not change anything on the computer.

Any ideas ??

Edited by PAEZ

I would generally guess video driver updates, but I'm uncertain on this. Is this computer a desktop or a laptop ? Does the mouse have any unique drivers for it or just what Windows 10 has for it ?

I suggest downloading the latest applicable Nvidia driver, uninstalling your current driver (which may require a reboot) and then reinstall the driver, but select the 'custom' option and make sure to check the box for a 'clean install'. This should delete previous version files and registry entries (supposedly).

• 4 months later...

I now have the same problem, mentioned in the OP, of a disappearing mouse on my Windows 10 laptop.  (The mouse still works fine on my Windows 10 desktop machine)  When the load screen is displayed there is no mouse cursor.  If I move the mouse very carefully the different options on the load screen will highlight but the mouse cursor is invisible.  This is on a HP Pavilion notebook PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4000.  I attempted to update the drivers for the intel 4000 and the search advised the best drivers for the device were already installed.  The Window 10 updates are all current.   Any ideas?    

Edited by MOS:96B2P

You didn't happen to mention if it was wireless or not.  I have seen the issue of the mouse disapperaing on Win 10 apps at times.  Try taking the battery out of the mouse for  a few seconds and see if it reappears.  I have heard that wireless mice can be susceptible to inteference, even from cell phones.  Worth a try anyway.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:24 PM, Jim1954 said:

You didn't happen to mention if it was wireless or not.  I have seen the issue of the mouse disapperaing on Win 10 apps at times.  Try taking the battery out of the mouse for  a few seconds and see if it reappears.  I have heard that wireless mice can be susceptible to inteference, even from cell phones.  Worth a try anyway.

The mouse is wireless.  The thing is the cursor is visible everywhere outside the game.  I can minimize the game and see the cursor without a problem.  However, I removed the batteries but no luck.  Thanks for trying. 

• 2 years later...

My mouse cursor just disappears as well when I fire up F&R. It worked fine yesterday but had to restart computer and now the scroll wheel works and the keyboard buttons work but not the mouse cursor. The cursor exists, you just cannot see it as if I move it around a bit, it will highlight battle QB etc. Can get into scenarios but the problem is that I cannot use the keyboard when get the highlighted scenario to start as even highlighted, you cannot 'enter' to start the scenario. I was trying to see if it came back when you get to the game screens.

It works in all other apps I have open, except for CM F&R (I do not have the other games installed to check other CM games)

45 minutes ago, Canada Guy said:

My mouse cursor just disappears as well when I fire up F&R. It worked fine yesterday but had to restart computer and now the scroll wheel works and the keyboard buttons work but not the mouse cursor. The cursor exists, you just cannot see it as if I move it around a bit, it will highlight battle QB etc. Can get into scenarios but the problem is that I cannot use the keyboard when get the highlighted scenario to start as even highlighted, you cannot 'enter' to start the scenario. I was trying to see if it came back when you get to the game screens.

It works in all other apps I have open, except for CM F&R (I do not have the other games installed to check other CM games)

I had this problem on my laptop but fixed it.  I'm trying to remember how I fixed it.  I think it had to do with the settings on the mouse.  If I recall I had the long tail setting on the mouse cursor.  This creates sort of a ghost cursor behind the cursor as you move it across the screen (to make the cursor easier to find).  I think when I changed the mouse/cursor setting back to the default the problem went away.  I think that's what I did.    

• 2 years later...