how do I take a screen shot?

What I don't understand is that I'm using three monitors and when I hit the print screen key it shows up in the CMBS folder. I'm using Win 10 as well. So why is it not working for other people.

Now I remember, I have the program that Vencini mention. I setup the keyboard shortcuts when capturing screenshots.

Edited by JohnO

I use Nvidia's GeForce Experience software, In-Game Overlay for taking videos and screenshots in CM.   Just make sure that you change some of the default key commands in the In-Game Overlay so that they don't interfere with CM key commands.  So, if you have an Nvidia graphics card check it out.  It works well once you get used to the interface.

40 minutes ago, Chops said:

I use Nvidia's GeForce Experience software, In-Game Overlay for taking videos and screenshots in CM.   Just make sure that you change some of the default key commands in the In-Game Overlay so that they don't interfere with CM key commands.  So, if you have an Nvidia graphics card check it out.  It works well once you get used to the interface.

use same, after trying fraps, seem to remember am getting smaller video sizes despite being cheaper (coming with the drivers for their cards)

10 hours ago, Chops said:

The overlay works in-game for you?  I just have to remember my buttons.  If I open the overlay it freezes CM haha.  Still use it to record video though.

9 hours ago, Oliver_88 said:

use same, after trying fraps, seem to remember am getting smaller video sizes despite being cheaper (coming with the drivers for their cards)

Not only that, but I think it's faster - will take less of a toll on your framerate when recording compared to FRAPS.

11 hours ago, JohnO said:

It does look impressive but appears to require a full product purchase after a 30 day trial period. 

The reason people still recommend FRAPS and Bandicam is that they offer free versions of those app's which do a good job of simple screen captures.   That cost/benefit analysis weighs in their favor for most of us . . .  :rolleyes: 

@JohnO - Thanks for bringing Action to our attention.

12 hours ago, HerrTom said:

The overlay works in-game for you?  I just have to remember my buttons.  If I open the overlay it freezes CM haha.  Still use it to record video though.

Not only that, but I think it's faster - will take less of a toll on your framerate when recording compared to FRAPS.

Ah actually that is one thing, mine does not crash the game, but I get terrible mouse lag on the overlay when using it on combat mission, but taking screenshots and videos works alright and I can just open the overlay once I close combat mission and then save/edit/upload whatever I want.

7 hours ago, Oliver_88 said:

Ah actually that is one thing, mine does not crash the game, but I get terrible mouse lag on the overlay when using it on combat mission, but taking screenshots and videos works alright and I can just open the overlay once I close combat mission and then save/edit/upload whatever I want.

Within the GeForce Experience software go to In-Game Overlay, turn it on, and then go to In-Game Overlay > Settings.  Set your key commands for screenshots and recording (Alt-F1, Alt-F9).

Close the In-Game Overlay, and close GeForce Experience.  Then start Combat Mission.  Just use Alt-F1 within the game to capture screenshot, and Alt-F9 to start and stop recording.  Very easy and no lag or issues.