How much for CMA 2?

I did some digging it appears the Devs have gone under? kinda? sorta? or changed their name. It looks like they now go by Snowbird games.
it appears they hit a rough spot when developing a Pirate game based on Mount and Blades engine called Caribbean! and came out the other side called snowbird not snowball.

and their website takes credit for CMA  http://snowbirdgames.com/blog/?page_id=118

(edit: correction, the company split in half, from snowball emerged Snowberry and Snowbird? so yeah the company that developed CMA is defunct)

Edited by Cobetco

3 hours ago, Ridaz said:

Good question but if BF is gonna make a sequel then I would prefer they go in alone and not hook up with a company that may be defunct in a couple of years. 

Yeah, unless and until the IP from that game has clear title and can be given to BFC I doubt they would touch it. Given what @Cobetco has found out my guess would be there is likely confusion and risk around how owns what. Even the alternative of the one of the new companies taking it up again seems a long shot for similar reasons plus they would have to get BFC to give the go ahead too.

So, seeing a updated version seems really, really unlikely. As my son's hockey coach used to say "don't hold your breath - cause you might die".

Yup, I'd buy it in a second at that price.....But realistically it just ain't going to happen.  :mellow:

Better get your modding hats on for CM:SF II and pray for a new vehicle/weapons pack in the not too distant future.  ;)

PS - I did suggest to Steve that he should declare unilateral sanctions on Snow(whatever) I'm sure the US govt. would support his initiative.....Apparently unilateral sanctions are all the rage these days.  :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

BTW: Saw "12 Strong" movie the other day. Not the greatest war movie ever made, but not bad.  Very interesting visuals of Afghanistan terrain and lots of beat -up Soviet T-whatevers and BPM's etc.  Tells the story of the first 12 man spec ops team sent into the hinterlands to help the "Northern Alliance" fight the Taliban. 

Maybe inspirational for a designer to do some CMA scenarios or a campaign.  Also CMSF2 if you change the storyline a little.

Actually I'll repost in CMA forum.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎25 at 10:12 AM, LukeFF said:

None. It's time to move on to CM3. 

if we get the CM3-engine with an initial release of...

CM - Fulda gap

or 

CM - Barbarossa

I agree 

CM - Barbarossa would be my first choise...and then se BFC advance through the years the right way...41, 42, 43 etc...

As WW2 eastern front does not seem to be to everybodies liking maybe an alternativ initial titel could be...

CM - Fulda Gap as this seems to be a pretty popular choise...

If however they decide to start all over...with CM3 - Beyond Normandy or something (western front WW2)...I do not want CM3 quite yet.

If we do not get the full russo-german WW2 war in CM2 it will take 'forever' until we do get it...

I want it now ! :D

On 25.01.2018 at 3:27 AM, Chops said:

Here are Steve's recent comments on CM:A ------->

As I was answered in russian-speaking forum when I got acquainted with the Combat Mission series, when the game was being developed, the BFs themselves hurried the developers of CMA. Since they were late and they seemed to be forced to release the game in the form in which it is. But I repeat it so answered when I asked questions about the CMA.

• 2 weeks later...

Erwin,

Haven't seen the movie, but Stanton's  Horse Soldiers, the basis for the film, is an absolute military history and modern warfare must read. On an unrelated note, no, I don't live in Phoenix, but I do have a brother in Scottsdale. If you travel, pleae PM me, since you might be in my neck of the woods. Spent seven years in the Phoenix area myself.

https://www.amazon.com/Horse-Soldiers-Extraordinary-Victory-Afghanistan/dp/1416580522

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler