Are Tank secondary weapons ever used?

Just to avoid confusion the 66m rifle grenades carried by the team are noted as AT Grenades, and so most likely are the M9A1. I've edited the previous post to clarify.

ammo2.jpg.a9fbd540cbcd2d5c976d1bac2e179b51.jpg

As akd mentions there is discussion as from where the 66mm sizing actually comes from, as these things are not 66mm in diameter, but in game, in this context it refers to rifle grenades.

P

7 minutes ago, Pete Wenman said:

Just to avoid confusion the 66m rifle grenades carried by the team are noted as AT Grenades, and so most likely are the M9A1. I've edited the previous post to clarify.

ammo2.jpg.a9fbd540cbcd2d5c976d1bac2e179b51.jpg

As akd mentions there is discussion as from where the 66mm sizing actually comes from, as these things are not 66mm in diameter, but in game, in this context it refers to rifle grenades.

P

Nope, 66mm are HE grenades.  The AT grenades are shown separately by icon in the special equipment panel.  Your example team has 3x HE-frag rifle grenades and 1x AT grenade (M9A1).  I think there is only one 3D model, however, and it is the M9A1.

Ammunition in the special equipment panel is not shown in the squad ammo counter and vice versa.

Edited by akd

8 minutes ago, General Liederkranz said:

Doesn't that icon in the equipment panel actually mean that they have *one* AT rifle grenade, and the other two are HE grenades? If they had 3 AT grenades there would be a "3" on the AT grenade picture. 

Nope, 66mm are HE grenades.  The AT grenades are shown separately by icon in the special equipment panel.  Your example team has 3x HE-frag rifle grenades and 1x AT grenade (M9A1).  I think there is only one 3D model, however, and it is the M9A1

Well there's the correct answer - every day is a learning day

Edited by Pete Wenman

51 minutes ago, Pete Wenman said:

@joethejet

This is one of the ammo teams from the third mission of the FB training campaign which is where I think you are coming from

ammo.jpg.0809cccb7a806711af78e756fa4bad1c.jpg

At full strength it has 4 men.

75 rounds for each M1 carbine -225 in total

104 rounds for the M7 Garand which in addition has three 66mm rifle AT grenades

Between the four men two hand grenades are also carried

All of the above represent the personal weapons of the 4 man team, and I assume are pretty accurate in terms of real life TOE. (All 4 teams in that scenario are scaled the same)

In addition the team is carrying 40 81mm HE rounds and 4 WP rounds for the mortars.

HTH

P

Hi Pete, This is super helpful. Boy was I confused. I don't know why I thought there was just one guy. I'll have to use the one I moved to "supply" the infantry as an infantry unit!

I love playing this game, just wish I had the time to know it like you guys do!

Joe

8 minutes ago, joethejet said:

Hi Pete, This is super helpful.

No worries - I learnt something new myself

8 minutes ago, joethejet said:

just wish I had the time to know it like you guys do!

Take your time, don't fret the detail and play to enjoy. 

P

Edited by Pete Wenman

17 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

38578210065_7cae3d0e33_b.jpg

PPPS - If one of the Russian speakers on the site could give a clear explanation of the slogans (apart from 'For Stalin' obviously) on this vehicle it would be very welcome, there is some concern that something may be missing, here's the other side:

It's hard to read at that angle, but I'll give it my best (RTL - Russian as a Third Language) shot.

I was confused deeply by the layout at first, but I think the entire front of the M3 says:

"Beneath the Banner of Lenin - Forward to Victory!"

Под
знаменем ленина
вперед
к победе!

And (with comic juxtaposition, in my opinion) the side says "For Stalin!"

Edit for explanation:

Oh, it appears to have been a relatively common phrase on propaganda posters:

plakat_4145_17.jpg

Although, it is wonderfully modified in some to include Mister Iron himself.

plakat_45+301.jpg

"Under the Banner of Lenin, under the leadership of stalin - forward to the victory of communism!"

Edited by HerrTom