Balcony?

That's why I suggested making the formation out of 3x2-man sniper and 3x2-man FO teams.  Yes, one could get unlucky and get blown up.  But then you only lose 2 men.  Also, wouldn't IED's be put in well-travelled routes, not out in the middle of nowhere where a sniper or FO team would normally set up.

My force composition is a little more complex than that, it includes HMMWVs, dismountable .50cal & 40mm AGLs, Javelin, Snipers, LMGs, FO/FACs, basically you name it, but if you are using the SOF Core alone, once twelve dudes are dead total, the campaign is FUBAR!

Basically what this means is a lot of careful balancing and testing, which still results in a campaign with a high re-load factor.....Once can never account for everything that a player might do and as I said, one unexpected IED or tank round.....

Consequently I've made the SOF team part of a much bigger peacekeeping force (in Syria just after the official BF campaign storyline), they get to play a cameo role doing the stuff that SOF do, but the heavy lifting will mostly be done by Canadians & Azerbaijanis.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead