John Kettler

False positives on notifications

Is anyone else but me getting them? Am seeing these as both the black placard and over at the bell symbol top right. Not even Refresh shows anything there at the listed posts, save my OP.

Regards,

John Kettler

15 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

This problem continues. In fact, I got one just today! If I'm getting them, it's hard to believe others are not.

Regards,

John Kettler

John, I just sent you a message.  Did you get the notification and were you able to read it?

The number above the bell is when you are tagged in a post, quoted or receive an up vote.

The number above the mail icon is for a message.  You should have retrieved one of each  just now from me quoting your post and sending you a message.

Click on the bell and mail icon.  A drop down menu will appear with the notifications and messages.  

I get notifications when it is actually only my own post that has been added to a thread. I get other kinds of false or unnecessary notifications as well. The forum software could use a few tweaks.

Michael

18 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I get notifications when it is actually only my own post that has been added to a thread. I get other kinds of false or unnecessary notifications as well. The forum software could use a few tweaks.

Michael

It might be your settings.  If you have it set to follow threads you post in it will notify you whenever there is a post in said thread.............. I think.   I would take a look at how you have your settings/notifications.