First "White Tiger" and now this craziness.

Forgive me if this has been posted before, for my memory is poor at best when it comes to such things,. Penal unit members wore regular uniforms, so that makes these guys zeks aka Gulag denizens. Uniform problems are tiny compared to a much bigger one. My Russian is microscopic, but I did pick up "snaryad" (projectile) in the TCs speech to his men. The tanks look good, too.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

19 hours ago, Dynaman216 said:

Many modern Russian movies about war fall into the mold of the comic books "Sergeant Rock" and that one about the Stuart tank haunted by Stuart...

That was a GREAT ONE! Especially when the ghostly Stuart had a sabre duel with the German ghost guy...and saved the US tank guys. 

• 1 month later...

Ghost Stuart vs Stuka at mere tens of feet altitude. Otherwise unmakeable shot obtained by driving up a railroad embankment. Stuka gets gut shot and crashed spectacularly! As for Russian Sergeant Rocks and such, get a load of this. Makes "White Tiger" look like a rigorous dissertation defense by comparison. No idea what this is from, but I found it in a question someone raised regarding how he might implement this is in the CoC system for wargaming with minis.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Kozlice,

If I haven't done so already, welcome aboard!

Thanks for the information on the film. Are the bad guys supposed to be Japanese? If not, who is the enemy in what I wrongly thought to be Stalingrad? In looking at it, I could but think of calling it combat parkour. Found the pace of the action, not to mention some of the actor's movements (such as the 9 G near circle while under fire) almost dizzying to watch.

Regards,

John Kettler

On 3/7/2018 at 10:24 PM, John Kettler said:

Kozlice,

Shows you how my brain works, for it never occurred to me at all that this might be WW I. If it is, though, then the helmets for the bad guys are wrong. This is the correct WW I pattern.

Regards,

John Kettler

Considering the clip as a whole the fact that they got the helmets wrong pales into insignificance.