Reshade Graphics Post-processor

I have a Nvidia GTX950 (PC) . The only shaders that I have turn on is:

Clarity.fx + Curves.fx + MXAO.fx + SMAA.fx

Now have to load Reshader to CMRT and maybe to CMFB. I will also load it in CMSF2 and see what it will look like.

My Alien Laptop has a Nvidia GTX660M, going to see if it will work on the laptop.

12 hours ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

So i removed all Mods and started CMBS withou ReShade. It works and started little bit faster. But when i re-renamed opengl.dll and opengl.ini back same problem. Immediatelly crah... At least i know now that Mods are not doing this...

There should be a file OpenGL.log or something in the have directory that may shed some light on what is going wrong. PM it to me and I can try to help?

2 hours ago, Ridaz said:

I uninstalled the reshade cause I can't stand the stand the warping menu and loading turn screen. 

I disable the effects when not watching the battle.  You can set a key combination to do it - for me it's Shift + ~.  This way I avoid the warping menu, as you call it (I like the imagery the word conjures!)

1 hour ago, HerrTom said:

I disable the effects when not watching the battle.  You can set a key combination to do it - for me it's Shift + ~.  This way I avoid the warping menu, as you call it (I like the imagery the word conjures!)

Thx I'll try it out, I was finding for the disable button as well. I'll give another shot! 

2 hours ago, carcer said:

It's cool to see this forum open about reshade. I had a question if anyone might have some answers on using reshade. I'm having an issue with movement and target orders being off by 15m+ so I was curious if there was a way for reshade to not do that?

Which presets are you using? I'm using ReShade 3.1 on Win7-64bit with an AMD Radeon  HD7850. I also go against recommendation and *keep* AA and shaders turned on in CM. I lose hit decals with in-game shaders off. And AA is on as I have no access to display depth not to mention the more effective AA shaders which only work with NVidia cards.

I  limit my use to a couple a sharpens, a LUT, UIMask (yours), curves, and ambient lighting. These have minimal impact on FPS while "improving" the visuals to my bad eyes!

Unfortunately, what works for NVidia will not for AMD.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:18 AM, HerrTom said:

I said I'd make an illustrated guide, and I did!  Hopefully it helps some of those who were asking me about it :D 

Step Zero is to download the Reshade distribution at the bottom of the page here: https://reshade.me/

Steps 1 through 8 are in my guide here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LG9Og33Re95sPx4KyKtk98DjyUyK-Qcn

And my preset is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dQ5zgLkyS5RRI559yJG929QFs2YqnRdb

Hopefully the archive works, I didn't really do extensive testing on it.

zU2QLl3.png?1

6YTMclm.png?1

3Tz42y8.png?1

Absolutely appreciate this!!!

Thanks for the reply herrtom. Yea I wasn't sure if you were playing the game that way or just going back to watch. When I get a chance I'm curious if an open gl shader like the one made by BarbaricCo could get close to the color tones and such as your presets.

Howler, been a while since I've been playing CM so I'm out of the loop on presets these days. I'll just be trying different stuff out like the one your describing. sounds like a cool set-up to play with. I'd like to try JohnO's as well that screen shot is really vivid is a good way.

24 minutes ago, carcer said:

Thanks for the reply herrtom. Yea I wasn't sure if you were playing the game that way or just going back to watch. When I get a chance I'm curious if an open gl shader like the one made by BarbaricCo could get close to the color tones and such as your presets.

I think you certainly could, provided you know how to write shaders!

4 hours ago, JohnO said:

Any of you know which Reshade effect is best for sharpness?

I've always been able to use LumaSharpen and it doesn't impact FPS.

You can also try HighPassSharpen and AdaptiveSharpen. You can use all three as you like.

In CMSF I go with all three, in CMBS I do LumaSharpen only, and in CMBN Luma along with AdaptiveSharpen.

Keep in mind my eyes are bad, I'm using an ATI card, and I like sharp stark visuals. Oh, I can't use the nifty NVidia shaders in ReShade (FXAA/MXAO) so...

59 minutes ago, Howler said:

I've always been able to use LumaSharpen and it doesn't impact FPS.

You can also try HighPassSharpen and AdaptiveSharpen. You can use all three as you like.

In CMSF I go with all three, in CMBS I do LumaSharpen only, and in CMBN Luma along with AdaptiveSharpen.

Keep in mind my eyes are bad, I'm using an ATI card, and I like sharp stark visuals. Oh, I can't use the nifty NVidia shaders in ReShade (FXAA/MXAO) so...

Thanks, I'll give it a shot tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

just installed this with herrtom's preset and i am having a horrible experience. it is blurry on as hell and it keeps shifting from blurry to normal and it is mighty annoying. to make it worst, when i open the console (shift-F2) the map starts spinning and i have a developed severe nausea...

however, it looks good when it works. now, what effect i need to turn off in order to stop the damn thing from blurring the screen?

4 hours ago, mbarbaric said:

just installed this with herrtom's preset and i am having a horrible experience. it is blurry on as hell and it keeps shifting from blurry to normal and it is mighty annoying. to make it worst, when i open the console (shift-F2) the map starts spinning and i have a developed severe nausea...

however, it looks good when it works. now, what effect i need to turn off in order to stop the damn thing from blurring the screen?

Disable Depth of Field.  I only use it for screenshots so I apologise if it's not 100% gameplay compatible!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For me also Reshade has become mandatory and I have it installed on every CM2 game.

I am not the guy who likes to tamper around with sliders, so I just:

1) install the Reshade installer on the Combat Mission .exe in OpenGL mode.

2) install only following effects: Ambient Light, Adpative Sharpen, Clarity, and FXAA

3) Ingame I hit Shift-F2 create a new configuration file, define Shift-F3 as enable/disable key, "performance mode" and "allow all input", I also disable ingame AA

4) Also in the Shift-F2 menu I decide which of the 4 effects I tick on, adaptive Sharpen is always on its like installing a HD texture package and you´ll notice even more details on the beautiful models and stock or mod skins. The three other effects are somewhat weather, daytime and game dependant but it takes literally 5 seconds to change the settings and you get an instant result. I do not change any values, because I am already satisfied with them but you can of course. I also like to use it in conjunction with the ALT-M movie filter which also depends on the mission.

However I am forced to deativate it temporarily with Shift-F3 on the main menu screen because it gives me glitches. Nothing serious but does anyone experiencing the same and knows what can fix this?

Edited by MANoWAR.U51

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Rattenkrieg said:

Any new Reshade presets or tips?

I noticed that turning MXAO on makes low walls basically burn through all foliage, creating a series of criss-crossed lines on the screen. Does anyone else see that?

As I understand it, this does not happen on either the earlier games or CMSF2... something about the tree models in the WW2 games (& CMBN) is fundamentally different.

However, I very rarely use MXAO (or indeed any of the depth based effects) as they don't work with 'movie-mode'... which I'm a big fan of.

One of the things I like to do is set a bloom (either pirate or magic) on a very high threshold. Done correctly, it will act as both a bloom & a more fps efficient 'ambient light' effect.

Edited by 37mm