2018: New Games Include v4 Engine?

It's January 2018 and I'm wondering if new purchases of the game (as well as Red Thunder and Black Sea) include the v4 Game Engine. I had an unbelievable nightmare of a time upgrading the Normandy game to v4 that literally took over a MONTH of tech support to resolve (lost KEYs at the Battlefront server), so I'm hesitant to go through any more upgrading. I haven't even thought about purchasing the newer Normandy modules since they involve re-activating CMBN, CMBN:CW & Market-Garden, which causes flashbacks. Any help appreciated.

50 minutes ago, joeperez said:

It's January 2018 and I'm wondering if new purchases of the game (as well as Red Thunder and Black Sea) include the v4 Game Engine.

Yes.

50 minutes ago, joeperez said:

I had an unbelievable nightmare of a time upgrading the Normandy game to v4 that literally took over a MONTH of tech support to resolve (lost KEYs at the Battlefront server), so I'm hesitant to go through any more upgrading. I haven't even thought about purchasing the newer Normandy modules since they involve re-activating CMBN, CMBN:CW & Market-Garden, which causes flashbacks. Any help appreciated.

Bummer - but they did get you sorted. Chances are good you things will go smoothly but if they don't they will help you fix it.

Good luck.

18 minutes ago, joeperez said:

Yes, all the credit to the techs who stuck with it until it was solved. But I don't want to go through that again which is why I'm hoping that all the new versions (download & disc) include v4.

As Ian noted - yes they do and once the 4.0 patch is released all new downloads will include the patch.  That is BFs new (er) way of doing it.  The full downloads are all up to latest versions.

If you had downloaded 4.0 to get through your previous problems you do not need to reactivate anything if you purchase a newer module, you just need to use the activation shortcut to activate that module.  You don't even need to download anything as the full download already includes everything, it just needs activation of newly purchased material.

Thanks, sburke. I missed Ian's "yes" scrunched between comments.

I'd thought that I'd seen something about ALL the expansions being included in v4 and having to be "unlocked" but couldn't find that info anywhere. It was around the time of v4 initial release, but couldn't find the "press release" detailing it.

It's been a long while since last playing. At the time of the v4 UPGRADE release, I also thought I'd seen something about all future releases including v4 Engine, but didn't see that in any of the game descriptions themselves as to what engine was included. I remember that being the reason I figured I'd be better off waiting for the CM games I don't have.

Edited by joeperez

Re the v4 big bundle d/l.  I thought I would be efficient and copy the d/l's from my HD to a flashdrive so the install files could more easily be transferred and installed onto new computers.  But, I got error messages that the files were too large etc.

Am I doing something incorrectly?  Or, is it required that we have to do separate d/l's of the big bundle install files to each computer?