Looking for urban combat gameplay/AAR

7 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

there were still enemies left to fire back.

Yes, we've all had the experience of HE right on target a few seconds b4 an assault - and yet the enemy recovers almost immediately and is shooting back as you attack.  In RL you'd think the enemy would have shredded lungs from the blast at least.  Just have to overlook the game abstraction.  One pretty much has to add direct support fire as well.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, benpark said:

Have an AFV and some heavy weapons and a few squads to lay down suppressing fire, then have a few squads as assault forces. I generally split these, and basically do the same thing as the “assault” order, but I’m choosing which men enter the building, and with which buildings.

That's exactly what US forces going into Aachen did.....You clearly put a great deal of research into this, I shall have to give it a go.  B)

2 hours ago, Josey Wales said:

Unfortunately not, my passion at the moment lies with the WW2 titles. I own CMBN, CMFI, CMFB and my next purchase will be CMRT probably later this year.

Thanks for the answer mate! Just testing the ice.. There definitely exists a market gap for CMBS pbem AARs. Maybe we get some more modern AAR action when CMSF2 comes out.