Happy New Year's Day! 2018 look ahead

13 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Correct.  The magazine fed LMGs somehow got accidentally whacked at some point.  Which would be the Bren, BAR, and Breda.  For all I know the DP might also have taken a hit.  The good news is that the problem was isolated and fixed, so any LMG type weapon currently using single shot instead of bursts should be all better with the patch.

Steve

Great! This had stopped me playing the Commonwealth forces.

I have done some work in the editor lately on some old polish maps, and it would be nice to have windmills in coming CMRT module, several of the maps im using has windmills.

BTW when you save a map in the editor it always start at the same place when you return, it would be nice if it started where you last saved the map, as it does with units.

7 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

I have done some work in the editor lately on some old polish maps, and it would be nice to have windmills in coming CMRT module, several of the maps im using has windmills.

BTW when you save a map in the editor it always start at the same place when you return, it would be nice if it started where you last saved the map, as it does with units.

You might be able to import Windmills from CMBN: MG, altough we could never import mosques into CM:A.

It's always been my desire to have a "Fantasy" Vehicle Pack for CMFB and CMRT.  It would include both production vehicles that didn't make it into combat (IS-3, Centurion) ones that were nearly ready for production (Panther II) and vehicles which likely never ever would have gone into production (US T-28, E-100, Maus).  The examples I cited are not complete, just put out there to get an idea of what I'm talking about ;)

Whether we'll ever get to this or not... I don't know.  And if we do get to it, I don't know when we will. We have lots of things competing for our time.

Steve

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

It's always been my desire to have a "Fantasy" Vehicle Pack for CMFB and CMRT.  It would include both production vehicles that didn't make it into combat (IS-3, Centurion) ones that were nearly ready for production (Panther II) and vehicles which likely never ever would have gone into production (US T-28, E-100, Maus).  The examples I cited are not complete, just put out there to get an idea of what I'm talking about ;)

Whether we'll ever get to this or not... I don't know.  And if we do get to it, I don't know when we will. We have lots of things competing for our time.

Steve

"Fantasy" Vehicle Pack for CMFB and CMRT"

*eyes light up* Yes please!   then there's someway finding a way to get IS-3s, Centurions & T-28s to be on the same battlefield.

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Im all in!!

36 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I know one pack I would buy for sure for BN, that is a "Commando/Special Forces Pack" - pretty please ^_^

Oh yes! I'd pay dear money for "special infantry units" (commandos, rag-tag formations, foreign auxiliaries, etc...) and "captured/exotic equipment" (French artillery, Czech small arms, more AT grenades, etc...)

4 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

I know GHQmodels.com (Micro-Armor Minis) did just that by having a what if 'Wehrmacht 47' section with many of those listed vehicles...

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/military-models-wehrmacht-world-war-ii-micro-armour.html

Edited by JoMc67

6 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Ah to dream.  I've been hoping for this since Steve teased it a couple years ago or more.

Would so love to see the whole E series.

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

(US T-28, E-100, Maus)

And let us not forget the Tortoise from our British allies.

It might be interesting to see how these monsters compared (my guess is that the T-28 might have an edge in a couple of categories).

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

13 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Yes please!!

About the paper panzers / post-war tanks. It would be more balanced to pit the allies Against the Soviets in that case. Just like the light strategy game Panzer Corps, which has a few of those fictional scenarios set in 1945/1946. Though for CM that would be difficult since the Allied and Soviet resources are in different games. The Germans had so many issues in 1945 it is hard to imagine it being anything more then wrapping things up with symbolic (but still deadly) resistance . Or there has to be some fictional backstory that suggests otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

About the paper panzers / post-war tanks. It would be more balanced to pit the allies Against the Soviets in that case. Just like the light strategy game Panzer Corps, which has a few of those fictional scenarios set in 1945/1946. Though for CM that would be difficult since the Allied and Soviet resources are in different games. The Germans had so many issues in 1945 it is hard to imagine it being anything more then wrapping things up with symbolic (but still deadly) resistance . Or there has to be some fictional backstory that suggests otherwise.

Yeah, but I like Patton's idea after Germany's Surrender..."Give the Germans their Weapons back so they can help us fight the Russians" (not exact quote, but close enough).  

16 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

I believe that it could be interesting, unfortunately I don't wait any of these experimental vehicles in the upcoming italian front. However I'm wondering  what new toys are warming up engines in the hangar. Can't wait to see the game manual before the release ^_^

+1 thumbs up for a CMBN "Elite Forces Pack". The work done on the US Rangers in CMFI gives battlefront a head start I would think. As for a "fantasy pack" I would always prefer something or some country/force that really saw action in the war. 

Post from me was amoung the casualties from the relocations. So here goes again.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:31 AM, rocketman said:

I know one pack I would buy for sure for BN, that is a "Commando/Special Forces Pack" - pretty please ^_^

Yep sounds great to me also. The fantasy things not so much.

2 hours ago, Sequoia said:

As for a "fantasy pack" I would always prefer something or some country/force that really saw action in the war. 

That sums my feelings up too.

Edited by Oliver_88

The reason why there's been no fantasy pack for the last 20 years is because we also have always put a premium on real world stuff, not fantasy stuff.  Not just for our WW2 games but also for our Modern warfare games.  The amount of fantasy stuff we could put in Modern is... literally endless since contractors around the world each year try to convince us that everybody will be using their weapons next year or at the very latest the year after. 

Steve

In other news, I seem to recall a statement that Battlefront was once entertaining the thought of micro-expansions. In other words using the downloadable content model many other games have for say, a certain vehicle or feature. Did I hallucinate that statement and if not is this still a possibility or has it been decided against?

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:08 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Generally speaking I'd be all for this, but actually I'd say '(please) not for CM right now'.....There are so many other things we need first! 

I've just been reading an interesting book about the LRDG.....The part I found most fascinating and the part I'd most like to model with CM (because the engine is really good at it) is what came 'After The Desert', the covert operations in the Greek Islands, Balkans & Italy, but to do it I'd need.....Partisans, IEDs, Spy Forward Observers etc. etc. 

Can I ask, is there a realistic chance we might see them in the WWII titles in the near future? 

I'd be very happy to pay for a cross-title 'Partisan Pack', so long as it included CM:BS as well.....Just a thought.

PS - Lend Lease Shermans.....For the love of god (& 3rd Guards Mech)! :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead