Happy New Year's Day! 2018 look ahead

I would also love to see a CMBS extended into the winter of 2017 - 18 but I doubt Battlefront will ever do it. Does not fit with their previously existing scenario. Though of course they could get around this with an extended war timeline from the NATO or Russian victory storylines. They will never do it of course! :D 

It will be good if they realize what they announced, because it does not look interesting.
We have been waiting for new screenshots for over 3 months, what to say about the final product. New news is always welcome :).

The good news is that BF will probably release something in the next 5-6 weeks.  How do I know?  They carefully monitor my travel plans and when I am out of town with no access to the internet that is when new product is released.  (I will be back by June, so not long to wait now.)

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

The good news is that BF will probably release something in the next 5-6 weeks.  How do I know?  They carefully monitor my travel plans and when I am out of town with no access to the internet that is when new product is released.  (I will be back by June, so not long to wait now.)

You should travel without internet access more often then... :P:lol:

10 hours ago, Erwin said:

:D :lol: :)  That was funny.  I hope it is also accurate.  +1

On 4/7/2018 at 6:03 AM, LUCASWILLEN05 said:

I would also love to see a CMBS extended into the winter of 2017 - 18 but I doubt Battlefront will ever do it. Does not fit with their previously existing scenario. Though of course they could get around this with an extended war timeline from the NATO or Russian victory storylines. They will never do it of course! :D 

Not even that. Just add the weather options so we could have winter battles. That's all i would want.

20 minutes ago, iMolestCats said:

Not even that. Just add the weather options so we could have winter battles. That's all i would want.

Long time since you've posted my friend.  Good to see you posting again. +1 

3 hours ago, domfluff said:

the ability to put things back when you "Acquire".

Or at least the ability to Acquire in smaller amounts.  When the first Acquire choice is 1000 rounds of something that is kind of ............... awkward :unsure:.   

Here I was thinking I should resupply my AT teams and they grab 1000 rockets. That much munition materializing in their pockets annihilated everything in a half block radius :D

But on a serious note, I agree. I don't always (often?) need 1k rounds all at once.

That's because 1000 rounds of 5.56 is peanuts compared to 300 rounds of .30-06. Aren't you all gun nuts on here? Not rocket science. 

1000 rounds, across nominally 9 men; that's about 4 mags per man. You burn through that in a single protracted firefight if the enemy is actually able to stand and bang.

Edited by Rinaldi
grammar

Wait a minute, most ammo resupply comes from infantry carriers. Halftracks in the WWII titles and IFVs in the modern ones. In which case, you get the aquire ammo options shown in the screenshot. Who is dumb enough to use logistical vehicles on the front line in contact to resupply single squads? Not to mention 1000 rounds divided by 9 men is around 111 rounds, or about 4 magazines of 30 rounds. 4 magazines is equal to about 1.5 minutes of firing in a sustained firefight. If anything, you'll most likely need well more than 1000 rounds to properly resupply a single squad, let alone a platoon. 

I get that the acquire function could use some more fleshing out, but honestly this conversation is pedantic. 

31 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Erm... what's everyone talking about?

https://prnt.sc/j338jq

That, and 

14 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

1000 rounds, across nominally 9 men; that's about 4 mags per man. You burn through that in a single protracted firefight if the enemy is actually able to stand and bang.

Leave me utterly confused as to what is the issue. 

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yes, we've long requested a more "nuanced" ammo ACQUIRE method.  Trying to resupply a sniper or small team when the minimum is 1,000 rounds is "awkward" and perhaps downright "unrealistic".

If people actually read the posts, they would understand that we were talking about small teams of two men having to get a min of 1000 rounds.  Most, maybe all IFV's (and that is often all the vehicles you get), force you to take 1,000 rounds min for the first couple of acquires before you can then take maybe 500 rounds, when you really only want to acquire 100-200 rounds.  Those of us who play a lot come up against this issue all the time.

1000 rounds for 2 men isn't totally insane either  - a bit beefy but manageable. Realistically you'd have 7-10 mags if you knew you were headed into the **** and would often carry additional rounds in stripper clips to load up empty mags. For context, 210-250 rounds per man is considered the accepted minimum. 

At any rate how frequently do you need to reload a marksman team? They're hardly what I call mag dumpers. 

Edited by Rinaldi

This Acquire situation also applies to supply dumps (which are just dismounted vehicles).  If dismounted vehicles are from the same platoon (including a supply platoon) they automatically merge into one big supply dump.  Of course the more ammo in a vehicle or supply dump the larger the initial Acquire is.  I found one way to mitigate this in scenario design.  If the vehicles and/or supply dumps are set to "limited" or "Scarce" the initial Acquire is less.   You just need more (lower supplied) vehicles and/or supply dumps.  And for the supply dumps make sure each one is from a different platoon (and not all directly subordinate to the Bn. HQ) so they don't combine into one large supply dump.  

@Erwin and @Rinaldi the above changes have been made to a scenario you both may be familiar with :D.

So I guess there is no real problem with Acquire.  It depends on how the initial supply status is set in the scenario editor. :)