Happy New Year's Day! 2018 look ahead

6 minutes ago, Erwin said:

LOL.  From much past experience on these forums, no it wouldn't make any difference. 

Don't tell me yourself you wouldn't see something new about new release patch...but show the good exemple of quiet cool patient customer ? 😊😎

People are asking for pictures.  Sure, a list of new features would be nice.  But, so what...?  Am busy playing the other existing games.

Yes, I have had to learn patience since I was 12 years old.  :(

Edited by Erwin

9 minutes ago, Erwin said:

People are asking for pictures.  Sure, a list of new features would be nice.  But, so what...?  Am busy playing the other existing games.

Yes, I have had to learn patience since I was 12 years old.  :(

Agree me too also playing since couple of hours now sorry to interrupting your party let us go back to respective battlefield and forget the forum for now 😊

1 hour ago, 3j2m7 said:

...but show the good exemple of quiet cool patient customer ? 😊😎

We need a bit of both i guess...if everyone is quiet, content and patient...that has a tendancy to SLOW progress...

Eastern block car design during the cold war comes to mind ;)...A lot of 'content' car buyers (not willingly perhaps...but still)...resulting in perhaps not the greatest leaps in car development ever seen...

A bad comparison perhaps...i know B)

But we need 'whiners' also...everyone can not be a 'good example' imo...A Little bit of demand, preasure and nagging never hurt any company i belive

35 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

We need a bit of both i guess...if everyone is quiet, content and patient...that has a tendancy to SLOW progress...

Eastern block car design during the cold war comes to mind ;)...A lot of 'content' car buyers (not willingly perhaps...but still)...resulting in perhaps not the greatest leaps in car development ever seen...

A bad comparison perhaps...i know B)

But we need 'whiners' also...everyone can not be a 'good example' imo...A Little bit of demand, preasure and nagging never hurt any company i belive

👍So is !!

4 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

But we need 'whiners' also...

Agreed.  It's whiners who change the world.  If everyone is happy and content, why change/improve anything? 

However, I do hate the whiners who motivated MS to create Win 10.  Was/am perfectly happy with Win 7!

18 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

18 hours ago, Bozowans said:

If people are whining and demanding to see new content or screenshots, it means they are emotionally invested in the product and enjoy it and want to follow its development, which is not a bad thing. :D

I see you both got a good number of up votes, so your ideas have some supporters. I totally disagree though. Whining has no value at all. I do agree that asking for updates and reporting problems and asking questions is important. That's not whining. Without that companies would not know when things were wrong and they would have a hard time figuring out what people want etc. So, I agree that engagement is important. But the whining is just annoying and aggravating. I know of no one that works harder to satisfy a whiner. I know lots of people who take steps to ignore whiners so they don't hear them any more. Whiners get disregarded and ignored. Or worse they drive people away from engagement that is valuable. Whining has the opposite effect from what is desired: LOL at least what the whiners report they desire - I remain unconvinced that whiners actually want to make things better. Considering their actions demonstrably make things worse I am really not sure they want to make things better. Personally I think they just want to make themselves feel important without actually contributing anything.

We see that on this forum from time to time: threads derailed by whining that take away from problem solving and investigations that should be valuable. We see other users get cranky and snarky (yes myself included) and the value of the thread drops to zero or goes negative. We end up with angry people and no work done on the issue at hand. Whining has no value. One of my solutions to prevent my self from getting to snarky is to ignore whiny users - after all this is supposed to be fun and worth while volunteer work. That's not ideal is it - engagement is reduced. I am not the only one that ignores whiners. There are even people who don't bother reading these boards any more. There is another forum site I can think of that is so bad the whole place has been reduced to one whiner and no one else even posts any more. That's a pretty extreme example but it shows what whining can lead to. To be fair that problem users is more then just a whiner he's a pretty bad troll too and the site has taken no steps to hold people accountable for their behaviour. It is not a perfect example.

I do not think it is whining..who else do we have to type/vent to..Not my wife that's for sure.  I check the website everyday looking for some update, some tid bit or news about the coming games.  I check the forum as well.   I would just like to see something on the website that is less than two or three months old.  I don't think that is too much to ask.  But I am on the outside looking in.  I am sure the guys are hard at work on these games.  Some little information would be very welcome indeed.

Edited by markus544

12 minutes ago, markus544 said:

I do not think it is whining.

No, making requests and reporting problems is not whining. Your post, for example, is not whining. I will refrain from linking some that I think are whining because I have no desire to make things personal. But I am pretty sure we can all recognize those posts.

Perhaps it is time for a "Moaner's Forum", that would at least spare those of us who are happy to let Steve and the boys in the band to work at their own pace, from having to read the same things over and over again. To paraphrase James Brown, "Say it loud, I'm a BFC fanboi, and I'm proud."

10 hours ago, IanL said:

There is another forum site I can think of that is so bad the whole place has been reduced to one whiner and no one else even posts any more.

LOL. I KNOW exactly which site that is. Pretty damn funny, actually. THAT takes dedication to some serious bitterness and misanthropy. It's almost metaphysical in its delusion.

And for the record I NEVER whine...I b****. It's like the difference between a finger painting and Picasso. One is a mess made by little kids, the other is a master of high art! Feel free to call me Master.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

7 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

What I would call you probably can't be printed here.

:D

Michael

All fan mail is handled through my agent, at Stackpole books. Feel free to contact him with your words of love and adulation and he shall forward them to me.

Mord.