Happy New Year's Day! 2018 look ahead

My hope is for CMFI-module combined with V4 patch during Q2...Anything else would be a possitive supprise...

IIRC it was stated that Chris ND was initially pretty much the lone scenario/campaign designer for the upcomming CMFI module (he has since left the Company)...

After reading Benparks most recent comments on the development it kind of seems like he is 'the main man' for the CMRT-module...

If the playable contents for these modules is pretty much a one man job (apart from testing offcourse) it is not all that strange that things are progressing rather slowely...

Designing a single scenario is a pretty big task...designing something like 10-15 scenarios and maybe 2 or 3 Campaigns is....

A somewhat BIGGER task B)

I guess this 'hold-up' we have been experiencing will soon be over and we will se the release of a number of stuff...in a pretty short timeframe..

Happy times ahead, hopefully :D

I think I'm most looking forward to the CMRT module. It's supposed to bring the game to the end of the war right? Which means the Battle of Berlin. It seems like it would be a daunting task to research and then design scenarios and campaigns around that. I wonder if they are gonna have scenarios for the crossing of the Von Moltke bridge and the assault on the Reichstag. That was such an iconic moment of the war that it seems likely they would work on something like that. Which means they are gonna need to make a big map for the middle of Berlin, which means making 3D models and textures for Berlin architecture and the Reichstag building and the Brandenburg Gate and all that. And then I suppose they will have a winter campaign in there as well.

That will probably take a while. Oh well, I don't really care how long it takes as long as there is a good quality finished product. I have a million other games to play in the meantime. :)

5 hours ago, Bozowans said:

I think I'm most looking forward to the CMRT module. It's supposed to bring the game to the end of the war right? Which means the Battle of Berlin. It seems like it would be a daunting task to research and then design scenarios and campaigns around that. I wonder if they are gonna have scenarios for the crossing of the Von Moltke bridge and the assault on the Reichstag. That was such an iconic moment of the war that it seems likely they would work on something like that. Which means they are gonna need to make a big map for the middle of Berlin, which means making 3D models and textures for Berlin architecture and the Reichstag building and the Brandenburg Gate and all that. And then I suppose they will have a winter campaign in there as well.

That will probably take a while. Oh well, I don't really care how long it takes as long as there is a good quality finished product. I have a million other games to play in the meantime. :)

In Berlin I imagine... apocalyptic red skies at night, ragged buildings, streets choked with rubble and smoke. The odd civilian you see is either a crazed old person, snot nosed kid or dishevelled women. All cower in the streets as you carefully pick your way through with your comrades. You are an alcoholic illiterate peasant from a Russian village but a veteran. You have seen it all but when you see a map of Russia, you don't even know where you came from. Your enemy... terrified clerks, youths, wild eyed fanatics and the odd hardened veteran.

On 4. 5. 2018 at 12:35 AM, JoMc67 said:

Hey, will you stop telling folks that, and how did you know...Oh, and it's X-Mas to you.

It is correct. It will be big mess when it comes out! I mean sleepless nights and lot of H2H battles. We all will have Christmas. Therefore code name X-mess...

Edited by Marwek77 aka Red Reporter

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

It is correct. It will be big mess when it comes out! I mean sleepless nights and lot of H2H battles. We all will have Christmas. Therefore code name X-mess...

Ahh, and a Very Good Comeback, Indeed...Yes, it will be a Mess of an X-Mas.

Battlefront hasn't released a single damn thing in over 13 months. Getting really sick and tired of waiting. I buy everything this company makes but the absolutely anemic nature of any form of update, patch, new content, or new game is really getting on my goddamn nerves.

How long does it take to reuse old assets and shovel out a new game? Farming really? Men of your talent?

I've been checking the stupid website for a single freaking announcement every single week for over a year now. Why the fk do I have to beg you to give me something to spend money on? Why do you make it so fking hard for yourself to make money? JFC....

Yeah I don’t at all understand why they do not have a developers blog or something. I’ve stopped playing and I own everything they have made. My regular playing partners have also gotten fed up and stopped. The lack of updates and info has certainly been disappointing.

I haven't read the forums in over a year

Nothing seems to change lol

I usually check once yearly

As you say JPRATT88 they should have a blog or regular update

It helps generate interest and sales which I thought they would be concerned about

Many of the guys I gamed with have stopped playing CMBS over a year ago due to no updates and the fact Russian gear was limited, and bugged vs US

I still play but its generally Russian vs Ukraine games only with 2 guys

cheers

On 5/26/2018 at 1:22 PM, jpratt88 said:

Yeah I don’t at all understand why they do not have a developers blog or something. I’ve stopped playing and I own everything they have made. My regular playing partners have also gotten fed up and stopped. The lack of updates and info has certainly been disappointing.

Disappointing indeed. I own pretty well everything from the CMx2 catalog and 2 copies of CMx1. A developer's blog and/or an occasional update on the homepage would be nice.

In the meantime, waiting for an update on their homepage is like watching paint dry, or better yet, a pitch drop experiment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_drop_experiment