Happy New Year's Day! 2018 look ahead

5 hours ago, transporter said:

There seems to be much "wish" listing so I would like to add my two cents.  I've been war gaming since the early seventy's.  Board games, 1/285 scale micro armor, and remember those war games you subscribed to.  You would get one every few months that had a battle on a paper map and small cardboard units.  Well it was always fun to mix and match units from one game to another, especially with the micro armor.  In that light I would like to see all of the vehicles and equipment from the x1 games in the x2 games with the ability to use them in any of the series.  Historically accurate no, but fun yes.  Also, remember "shoot and scoot".  And while I am at it expand shoot and scoot to infantry especially anti-tank folks.  Fire that bazooka and run like hell.  If a vehicle comes under fire have the troops bail and not sit there and be slaughtered.  Also another real nice feature in x1 was the ability to hit the return key and get all the stats about armor and gun penetration values in actual numbers.  And of course the ability for vehicles to make turns without "stop pivot move, stop pivot move etc.  Sorry I rambled on but I am in my seventies and that is something we old folks do.  I do enjoy the games and appreciate the hard work that is put into them and will gladly pay for upgrades.  Thanks.

+1 re the features and capabilities.  Am in a CM1 tourney right now (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/webandofbrothers/invitiation-to-participate-in-bb13-round-4-t19054.html) if you are interested) and even thought I don't play CM1 much compared to CM2, when I do get to play CM1, I fall in love with many of the CM1 features all over again.

It seems unlikely we'll see them added in CM2.  One of the reasons that am hoping CM3 will finally compile the best of CM1 and CM2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1-1-2018 at 11:27 PM, Battlefront.com said:

It's time for our more-or-less traditional end/beginning of the year's "state of the state" update for Battlefront and Combat Mision.  At this point no new images to show, but I promise they won't be too long coming now that the Holidays are pretty much passed.  I didn't want to bug anybody for screenshots this past week, but I will start bugging testers quite soon

So how's the bugging going, Steve?

On 2/27/2018 at 9:57 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

I promise they won't be too long coming now that the Holidays are pretty much passed.  I didn't want to bug anybody for screenshots this past week, but I will start bugging testers quite soon

I'd say holidays already qualify as "long past".  If no screenies, can we at least get more info about the CMRT module's content?  Partisans?  Hungarians?  Bueller?  

On 27/02/2018 at 7:57 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

So how's the bugging going, Steve?

Yeah, I'm ready to spend over 100 bucks for the Normandy bundle and also purchase Final Blitzkrieg, but the only thing that is preventing me from doing this, is the lack of patch. In case you were wondering, if the lack of patch is preventing BF from earning some sweet $$$.

4 minutes ago, Ivanov said:

Yeah, I'm ready to spend over 100 bucks for the Normandy bundle and also purchase Final Blitzkrieg, but the only thing that is preventing me from doing this, is the lack of patch. In case you were wondering, if the lack of patch is preventing BF from earning some sweet $$$.

what patch are you referring to?

1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

what patch are you referring to?

On 1/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Oh yes!  The Engine 4 patch.  That should be out fairly soon.  Testers have indicated the running away problem is probably fixed so we're just making sure of it.  I'd like to have the patch out much sooner than later.

Steve

14 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

14 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Oh yes!  The Engine 4 patch.  That should be out fairly soon.  Testers have indicated the running away problem is probably fixed so we're just making sure of it.  I'd like to have the patch out much sooner than later.

Steve

any other major issues included in this patch besides "the running away problem"?

28 minutes ago, sburke said:

After all these years and people are still struggling with "Steve" time.  :D 

My prediction is in one of these threads. When he said soon, I said "What, June?" I know "Steve time", it can be glacial on a good day.

Mord.

5 hours ago, sburke said:

After all these years and people are still struggling with "Steve" time.  :D 

:D

Yes, well, perhaps it was wishful thinking, but to me it definitely sounded like a promise to publish some screenshots in a couple of months.  But yes, as you say, "Steve" time. :rolleyes:

But who cares, we've waited so long, what's another half year?

Edited by Aragorn2002

23 hours ago, Dynaman216 said:

Saint Patrick's day is still coming...

Paddy :- "Field Marshall, who's this 'ere St.Patrick they'se keep fecking talking about? Back in County Meath we call 'im Padraig".

Monty :- "Have you checked your Birth Certificate lately, Sgt?"

Paddy :- "Ah well, now you'se come ta mention it. I'll think I'll'se get back to shovellin' me Bedford outta tha snow."

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon, man! How much longer for some friggin' screenshots? I know it's usually a good thing when things go quiet, but damn, I am getting impatient! You'd think we could get a few shots of some of the new stuff in CMFI at least.

OK. Had to get that out, it's been a few weeks since my last b****ing post.

Mord.

8 minutes ago, Erwin said:

We need to realize that a screen shot of a module for CMFI would probably be indistinguishable from a screenshot from the existing CMFI.  That would simply initiate the next round of insistent demands etc. 

Agree but this will give us security that something is on the way and let us little little more quiet don't you ??