More points for QBs?

Until someone with more experience than me pipes up on this to confirm or debunk or add anything more; The Points/Rarity are changed by the Battle Size parameter. The Force Adjustment parameter provides the means to then increase/decrease the Points/Rarity allocated to the attacker, making the sides unequal in some way.

Also the Rarity parameters something to take note of, adjusts how much Rarity the various units cost, on Huge Battle Size (around 9000 purchasing points, and 9000 rarity points) I can get around 22 x Air Support Element [Heavy], that is should I have the Rarity parameter set to none. However when I have the Rarity parameter set to Strict I can only actually purchase 1 before the rarity points are all used up as they are deemed an rare unit.

Edited by Oliver_88

No, sadly you cannot specify a custom point value. But all is not lost. As you can see when you purchase units in the QB screen you can go over budget. So what you can do is use the QB purchase system to pick your forces and then record them and create a scenario using that set of forces.

A while ago a friend of mine and I did this with a 20 000 point QB battle. The opening posts describe how we did it and there is a pdf instruction guide you can download:

If you want to avoid 'points' altogether you can import a QB map into the editor, place all the units you want without restriction for both sides, and then save under a new name in the SCENARIOS folder.  If you do a pile of 'em at once then let them sit for a few days your memory will have faded about what exactly the enemy is and where.

Surely you could just open any QB Map in the editor, pick whatever the hell you like, save it under a new name in your scenarios folder, then send the .btt to your opponent to do the same (no peeking). 

Assuming I'm not missing something, once you are both done open the game from the scenarios tab and away you go!  Hell you could even write mini-briefings for each other (& thus start to get some idea of just how much work goes into a fully finished scenario).  ;)

Just noticed @MikeyD beat me to it!  :wacko:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead