Oh what have I done? :)

Since asking earlier this year and trying a demo of CMFB, I just went and grabbed the full deal on CMBN.  Now I'm downloading and perusing the mods sites to go into 2018 fighting old wars all over again. :)

I have an email recommending some mods for me, but want to make sure I get a good start with the best ones...

JuJu UI - have this one downloaded already.

all skins by Aris  - is there perhaps a pack with all of them in one place?  I keep seeing 1,000,000 of them separate downloads !!!

Tanks a lot buildings - Have all four of these for CMBN

JuJu Terrain - had these from my demo days.

Any other must haves?

I'd recommend one of the sound mods, definitely. Or I"d at least replace a few of the default gun sounds with some other wav files. (Since several of the guns use the same sound file by default.) I won't recommend a specific sound mod -- there are several, and each has some good, some bad --  so your best bet is to just download a few and try them out. Put the particular ones you like in your Data/Z folder (which you'll have to create) and the game will pull the sounds from there instead of the default directory.

You might want gridded terrain too? It can help make reading all the little changes in terrain elevation much easier. 

Have fun. I kinda wish I could play these games again for the first time. So exciting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.12.2017 at 11:51 PM, klkitchens said:

Since asking earlier this year and trying a demo of CMFB, I just went and grabbed the full deal on CMBN.  Now I'm downloading and perusing the mods sites to go into 2018 fighting old wars all over again. :)

I have an email recommending some mods for me, but want to make sure I get a good start with the best ones...

JuJu UI - have this one downloaded already.

all skins by Aris  - is there perhaps a pack with all of them in one place?  I keep seeing 1,000,000 of them separate downloads !!!

JuJu Terrain - had these from my demo days.

Any other must haves?

Not really a must have, but there is a mod available, which changes the round unit based into wedge shapes. I find it quite useful, determine the orientation of the units. Especially for infantry, it not always easy to guess in which direction the guys are looking.

Edited by StieliAlpha

On 12/26/2017 at 11:51 PM, klkitchens said:

Just be aware that his mods change the barns so that they look like they are made of solid stone. But the game still treats them as wooden barns, so don't take cover there.

Also it seems the mod introduces some graphical glitches: the texture for the roofs of various buildings is put on the wrong way.