Setup bug?

This is CMBN engine 4.0 on a Mac.

I am in the setup phase of a scenario.  I have a German HMG team which I have placed into a building within my setup zone. When I now try to move the team to another location in the setup zone, instead of them jumping to that new location, I get a move indicator as though I was trying to move them outside the setup zone.  When I press the delete key to delete this movement indicator nothing happens.  I can add additional movement locations to the unit, and <delete> to remove them, except for the initial move which will not go away.

?

Anyone with a connection to BF want to look at the game save?

I thought it was back space to delete a move order while delete removes target commands. What are the two keys on the Mac?

Also note there are several shades of blue / red setup areas for both sides. Any unit starting in one shade can pop to any location in the same shade of blue or red but all the other areas have to be moved into under their own power.

It's nothing to do with version 4.0 or Mac. I've encountered this bug since 2011. It occurs with Hmg teams and buildings. You can re-locate into one building fine but then if you see a better position in a second building and try to re-locate again, you get what has been described above. Only way round it is to start the scenario again or get the mg team to run like hell to the second building and set up before the action starts. Its a bit annoying but should be easy to replicate, Ian, without a saved game. 

1 hour ago, IanL said:

I thought it was back space to delete a move order while delete removes target commands. What are the two keys on the Mac?

Also note there are several shades of blue / red setup areas for both sides. Any unit starting in one shade can pop to any location in the same shade of blue or red but all the other areas have to be moved into under their own power.

I am using what a PC user would call the backspace key. Which on a Mac is labeled "delete" ;-)

21 minutes ago, Hilts said:

It's nothing to do with version 4.0 or Mac. I've encountered this bug since 2011. It occurs with Hmg teams and buildings. You can re-locate into one building fine but then if you see a better position in a second building and try to re-locate again, you get what has been described above. Only way round it is to start the scenario again or get the mg team to run like hell to the second building and set up before the action starts. Its a bit annoying but should be easy to replicate, Ian, without a saved game. 

Thanks for the info Hilts. I'll be more careful with my HMG teams - ie. saving right before experimenting with their placement in buildings.

2 hours ago, Hilts said:

Maybe cycling the "deploy" button for the MG team would make a difference? That's the only thing I can think of, since the deploy procedure is often much longer and more complicated indoors. What IanL said about the different shades of red or blue that make up the setup zones could be relevant too. That was the first thing I thought of. (Sorry, not assuming you're stupid or anything! It's just that I cannot duplicate the behavior you mention... although I admit my testing was not totally thorough.) Plus I suppose it very well could be unique to the Mac version.

2 minutes ago, sttp said:

(Sorry, not assuming you're stupid or anything! It's just that I cannot duplicate the behavior you mention... although I admit my testing was not totally thorough.) Plus I suppose it very well could be unique to the Mac version.

Exactly, same here. I have never had the problem you and @Hilts describe. I move my mg teams around plenty. 

Now that we know you are pushing the right buttons and such :) share that saved game and let me see what happens when I try. You can pm me a drop box link or email.

Not really. I put the HMG team in the building, played around with some difference facings and cover arcs, then went about placing other units. Later, I tried to move the HMG team to another location and got a standard movement indicator.

Thanks for checking into it and logging the bug!