Naughty or nice... here's some bones!

6 hours ago, IanL said:

OK now I am totally confused. The first time I clicked on you link just like @Ridaz I saw no number 6. The link went to the start of the thread. Not list no number 6. But now that I added my link directly to the post that has the numbered list you quoted both links open that post.

Wired - or maybe just me (and @Ridaz :-)

5 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I think it depends where you click in the link.  I just experimented around with it.  When I clicked on the top in the blue on Batttlefront.com replied to a topic it took me to the post.  When I clicked on Another Reason............. it took me to the beginning of the thread.  It also took me to the beginning of the thread when I clicked on By Battlefront.com October 12, 2017.  So three choices and only one linked to what I wanted :P.  Damn technology............:D

Oh no wonder I had problem looking it up. I also look through and found that post 6 and page 6 were irrelevant.

2 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

May we trouble BFC/playtesters for an AAR showcasing one of the soon to be released modules..:P

The forums have turned very quiet ones again...We need something...

What would be awesome would a teaser stream just before any such module gets released. I used to love the Twitch streams that Chris did, even if I had to watch them later because real time wasn't always possible.

6 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

May we trouble BFC/playtesters for an AAR showcasing one of the soon to be released modules..:P

The forums have turned very quiet ones again...We need something...

Man, I'd do it... if I were a beta tester! :ph34r:

The one for CMBS convinced me to get it - so clearly they work!

On 12/24/2017 at 8:49 AM, Battlefront.com said:

We'll hopefully be wrapping things up in January.  More news at that time.

It's all the original CMSF1 content (forces, art, scenarios, etc.) in the Engine 4 environment.  That means all Engine 4 game features, including QBs, are a part of CMSF2.  There's a lot of updating to the original CMSF1 stuff to make it work and look as it should, but we're not adding anything per se except the things which are fairly obvious (soldier models, QB maps, ground to air, on map mortars, bridges, water, etc.).

Steve

So, just so I'm clear as I don't spend a lot of time on here anymore as the news has been pretty sparse of late, CMSF 2 will include the Nato, British and Marine modules or just updates to those modules which will still be sold as a package in addition to the base game, or will there be an option to buy all of the content at a discount?  And FYI, yes, I've already seen this:

Since nothing shows appreciation better than discounts, we're offering discounts :D  The specifics will be announced as we get closer to release, but for sure it will be far less than theoretical $165 it normally costs to purchase a brand new Base Game ($60) and three $35 Modules. Though I do know for sure the discount price will be a bit more than a $10 Upgrade ;)

For those of us that own Shock Force (in 2007 - prior to it being sold in the online store) but did not buy the other modules, will there still be a discount on CMSF 2?  Will the Engine 4 upgrade also be included or will it be part of the $25 Engine 4 pack if we purchased that?

Edited by aleader

Battlefront's most common ETA is: "When it's done it's done." Other ETA's include only approximate release windows but those are often not met and stuff gets released with a delay usually (small team and quality over quantity mentality). Also, when dev Steven says "soon" expect at least a couple of months for that "soon" to materialize. 

My estimate based on the previous patch experience is that we will see a patch brought to our monitors in the time window of 1 to 2 months. 

Good news is that life gives us all sorts of interesting things that we can pursue in-between periods Battlefront releasing their stuff. For example, I wanted to upgrade my comp in February 'cos smart people have said the GPU and DDR pricing will finally go down then. But it went up so much so that GPU's cost 3 times more then what I would have to pay just a few months ago. Thus no new comp for me until cryptocurrencies are done for or GPU manufacturers create GPU's specialized for crypto-mining or remove CUDA's from the gaming GPU's. So now I can bitch about that and forget that I have been waiting for the 4.0 patch ever since it was released... :D     

On 01/01/2018 at 12:30 AM, ncc1701e said:

Another question: since ground to air is now simulated in CMSF2 thanks to engine number 4, did you include more AAA units in TO&E for US, British and NATO forces? I am thinking of Manpads in particular.

This could apply to Syrians also but they do have ZSUs already. Uncons could also have some Strelas.

Sorry to insist here but I have just replayed a CMSF scenario where the red air force was quite annoying.
I have seen my humvees and my bradleys getting immobilized by attack helicopters.

It was very frustrating to do nothing against that. Going into the trees?

I agree to keep the story line of CMSF if needed and not adding new units. The drones subject is now closed and understood for me.
But, here, I would like to be able to defend myself (like in CMBS) especially since CMSF red force have already ZSUs...

I am not familiar with all those units organization. Perhaps someone will correct me since there were no Manpads in 2007 in US and NATO units? 

9 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

I only see T-34/85's

That's right. The screenshot is mine actually. I made it while playing one of my own private scenarios with Kohlenklau's superb Winter Mod. Posted it on the forum to show what great job he and the other guys have done.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I'd like to see here the promised screenshot that Steve announced with the new year.

+1 Yes only screenshots without comments will be nice.

The problem is when Steve will put some pics, there will be lots of questions that he has to answer, and bring later development of game is understanding why designers  dont put pics and waiting to the final moment.

Edited by 3j2m7

1 hour ago, 3j2m7 said:

+1 Yes only screenshots without comments will be nice.

The problem is when Steve will put some pics, there will be lots of questions that he has to answer, and bring later development of game is understanding why designers  dont put pics and waiting to the final moment.

I'm sorry, but that kind of remark annoys the heck out of me. Getting lots of questions is part of this business and most certainly no problem. Those guys of BF are no pushover and they can take some Flak. Besides, Steve promised to post some screenshots pretty soon. As they say where I live: A man, a man. A word, a word. If you promise something, you have to deliver.

Edited by Aragorn2002

22 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm sorry, but that kind of remark annoys the heck out of me. Getting lots of questions is part of this business and most certainly no problem. Those guys of BF are no pushover and they can take some Flak. Besides, Steve promised to post some screenshots pretty soon. As they say where I live: A man, a man. A word, a word. If you promise something, you have to deliver.

Yes is true but we have to think when he answer to questions that he cannot working on the development of the game on the same time.

Yes i would like also have some pics and...will have probably also some questions...I am also very impatient of the new titles.

...don't takes my last remark in account...

2 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Yes is true but we have to think when he answer to questions that he cannot working on the development of the game on the same time.

Yes i would like also have some pics and...will have probably also some questions...I am also very impatient of the new titles.

...don't takes my last remark in account...

That's okay, 3j2m7, no offence. I guess we are all dying to see some screenshots. :)