Naughty or nice... here's some bones!

Thing is though guys, it WILL feel like a completely new game once people start messing with it.....You better hunt down & kill those ISIS/Taliban etc. fast or they WILL be gone, through a new Exit Zone.  Messing around in that zone may now Trigger an IED Triggerman to move into line of sight of an unrevealed IED.  There are so many new things that can be done with this engine and the old game's massive TOE list.  With a few tweaks to the old TOE (that's all that are needed) and the potential could be increased yet again.

So while I'd love to see the game expanded, I'm more than excited at what's already on offer (and what just might realistically be on the cards).  B)

12 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

<Snip>  You better hunt down & kill those ISIS/Taliban etc. fast or they WILL be gone, through a new Exit Zone.  Messing around in that zone may now Trigger an IED Triggerman to move into line of sight of an unrevealed IED. <Snip>

Yes, CMSF2 is going to be a great game adoptable to many real world and fictional conflicts.  So much potential with the imagination of scenario designers.  I believe it will have more content than any other CM game.  And at least for now it is the only game with IEDs, VBIEDs, civilian density setting, spies and unconventional forces.  Really looking forward to this. 

On 1/13/2018 at 6:51 AM, Freyberg said:

I think we understand very well what the CMSF upgrade will be - and we are grateful for it.

It wasn't clear that that means that there will be no future additions to CMSF, which seems to be what you're saying.

Then let me answer that ;)

There are no plans to expand CMSF or CMBS beyond their current storylines.  Which does mean that requests for Merkavas and Armatas and whatever are all falling on deaf ears over this way.  Not because we don't think it would be cool to have them, but because we have other things on our plates and can't see a time when we'd ever get to that stuff. 

If we do find ourselves at a point where we think "hey, we have some time to expand either CMSF or CMBS" I can promise you that any conversations had years earlier won't be on our mind at that point.  By that I mean I do remember people posting here wanting IDF forces simulated before CMSF had even been released (i.e. 10+ years ago), but whatever that conversation was won't have any influence on what we do.  Instead we'll take a fresh look at whatever the options are, at the time, and make a decision based on that.

Steve

On 1/15/2018 at 12:28 AM, Battlefront.com said:

There are no plans to expand CMSF or CMBS beyond their current storylines.  Which does mean that requests for Merkavas and Armatas and whatever are all falling on deaf ears over this way.  Not because we don't think it would be cool to have them, but because we have other things on our plates and can't see a time when we'd ever get to that stuff. 

If we do find ourselves at a point where we think "hey, we have some time to expand either CMSF or CMBS" I can promise you that any conversations had years earlier won't be on our mind at that point.  By that I mean I do remember people posting here wanting IDF forces simulated before CMSF had even been released (i.e. 10+ years ago), but whatever that conversation was won't have any influence on what we do.  Instead we'll take a fresh look at whatever the options are, at the time, and make a decision based on that.

Steve

Oh now what a shame! I was really looking forward to future expansion like Marines or Nato for CMBS. I can definitely understand not wanting to expand CMSF as it already has 3 expansion but CMBS only has a battle pack and zero expansion. :(

On 14/01/2018 at 5:28 PM, Battlefront.com said:

...Which does mean that requests for Merkavas and Armatas and whatever are all falling on deaf ears over this way...

...By that I mean I do remember people posting here wanting IDF forces simulated before CMSF had even been released (i.e. 10+ years ago)...

...Instead we'll take a fresh look at whatever the options are, at the time, and make a decision based on that.

Steve

Dont know why but i love reading this text...🤣

Thank you Steve for these added infos..

Hope to see yours Ideas concretly soon...

Edited by 3j2m7

1 hour ago, Ridaz said:

Oh now what a shame! I was really looking forward to future expansion like Marines or Nato for CMBS. I can definitely understand not wanting to expand CMSF as it already has 3 expansion but CMBS only has a battle pack and zero expansion. :(

Steve said "beyond the current story line".  Marines and NATO can easily (and I believe are) in the current story line.  No worries.  I think he was referring to mission creep and having CMBS turning into some other war (Arab, Israeli etc.)  CMBS can have expansions, packs etc. that are relevant to the conflict in Ukraine.  It's all good my friend.       

5 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Steve said "beyond the current story line".  Marines and NATO can easily (and I believe are) in the current story line.  No worries.  I think he was referring to mission creep and having CMBS turning into some other war (Arab, Israeli etc.)  CMBS can have expansions, packs etc. that are relevant to the conflict in Ukraine.  It's all good my friend.       

👍

2 hours ago, Ridaz said:

You guys are not getting it, expansions are going to come to CMBS. 

They have even been discussed before as to what they would be.

What the statement means is just what it said. The story line is not changing, meaning units will represent the year the storyline had from the beginning.

2 hours ago, Ridaz said:

ME NEVER RECIEVE AN ANSWER ABOUT MY POSTS SINCE LONG TIME...BE HAPPY TO HAVE SOME ANSWERS...

AND HOPE TO SEE YOURS WISHS IN REAL...

...IF we do find ourselves at a point where we think "hey, we have some time to expand either CMSF or CMBS" I can promise you that any conversations had years earlier won't be on our mind at that point... 

Steve said "beyond the current story line".  Marines and NATO can easily in the current story line...

WELL LET COME AND BE PATIENT.

...like we are for perhaps Fulga, Vietcong and many many more...hope is ours strengh and BFW is awake...

whatever they are doing ...will be welcome.

Edited by 3j2m7

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Thanks awesome! Sorry i misunderstood, I am new here. I would love to see more expansion, especially campaigns. 

49 minutes ago, Ridaz said:

I don't see it. :(

If you click on the link above it will open the entire post.  Then you can scroll down to number 6.  However I did a cut and paste of number 6 below.   You should try to open and read the thread above.  It's interesting. 

6.  CMBS jumped ahead of others with its own Battle Pack, but is owed a Module.  We've been doing them in order of release and that means CMBS is theoretically next after CMRT.  Marines are an obvious selection for the first Module and the work being done for CMSF2 is going to pave the way for that to happen. 

OK now I am totally confused. The first time I clicked on you link just like @Ridaz I saw no number 6. The link went to the start of the thread. Not list no number 6. But now that I added my link directly to the post that has the numbered list you quoted both links open that post.

Wired - or maybe just me (and @Ridaz :-)

21 minutes ago, IanL said:

OK now I am totally confused. The first time I clicked on you link just like @Ridaz I saw no number 6. The link went to the start of the thread. Not list no number 6. But now that I added my link directly to the post that has the numbered list you quoted both links open that post.

Wired - or maybe just me (and @Ridaz :-)

I think it depends where you click in the link.  I just experimented around with it.  When I clicked on the top in the blue on Batttlefront.com replied to a topic it took me to the post.  When I clicked on Another Reason............. it took me to the beginning of the thread.  It also took me to the beginning of the thread when I clicked on By Battlefront.com October 12, 2017.  So three choices and only one linked to what I wanted :P.  Damn technology............:D