Naughty or nice... here's some bones!

Presumably Steve & Co. will be updating the TOE to include systems like this (ie: stuff that existed but which had no meaningful role in the older game engine)? 

They have to add individual weapon teams to the game anyway, so I hope they'll be there (maybe accessible to head-choppers too).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

18 hours ago, Mord said:

SEE? I told you guys! I knew Santa Steve was real!

You are spot on 🎯 Mord👍 

11 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

We'll hopefully be wrapping things up in January.  More news at that time.

It's all the original CMSF1 content (forces, art, scenarios, etc.) in the Engine 4 environment.  That means all Engine 4 game features, including QBs, are a part of CMSF2.  There's a lot of updating to the original CMSF1 stuff to make it work and look as it should, but we're not adding anything per se except the things which are fairly obvious (soldier models, QB maps, ground to air, on map mortars, bridges, water, etc.).

Steve

That is a HUGE chunk of Fun Times. Big :D Face👍

Buzz

1 hour ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

So the new CMSF2 is just old CMSF running engine 4.0? And that´s all??? So after CMBS i have to downgrade my tanks back to T-55 vs Abrams? Is this really what all player wants?

I dunno - CMSF has a lot more than just Abrams and T55 - there's a plethora of NATO material, plus there are oodles of interesting scenarios and some quite cool QB maps. Personally I loved playing it until the game engine just felt too old and with the new game engine, more control over QBs and the play enhancements, I think it'll be a great title again.

2 hours ago, Freyberg said:

I dunno - CMSF has a lot more than just Abrams and T55 - there's a plethora of NATO material, plus there are oodles of interesting scenarios and some quite cool QB maps. Personally I loved playing it until the game engine just felt too old and with the new game engine, more control over QBs and the play enhancements, I think it'll be a great title again.

I have CMSF and all modules. I paid it once. Now i have to pay it again to get new engine only? Really would like to know what else do we get. Thats my question.

15 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

I have CMSF and all modules. I paid it once. Now i have to pay it again to get new engine only? Really would like to know what else do we get. Thats my question.

You don't have to buy it. Battlefront is offering a product for a certain price and you can decide if it is worth it. No harm done. :)

And as they stated before there will be some kind of discount for ppl already owning Shock Force. I'm looking forward to the engine update. 

38 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

New QB system (my personal favorite)...improved Engine...almost ALLLL the CMSF content to play...yea the same equipment and such, but I think there will be enough new game play to make it worth it.  And maybe some new scenarios and campaigns from our trusty group of designers. ;)

I actually bought CMSF twice (once for PC when I had to use Bootcamp on my MAC  and then the full Mac version)  WELL worth the price twice.  It's in my top 3 CM titles.

Edited by grunt_GI

52 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

Really would like to know what else do we get. Thats my question.

You're getting 10 years worth of development. Anybody that doesn't like that doesn't have to buy it. Stick with SF1 if you don't think SF2 isn't worth it. But they didn't have to update the game, they could've left it to rot in it's 0 engine state, like CMA will. The fact they even didn't it is gift but they still deserve compensation for the work.

Mord.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the skilled scenario designers will be able to produce using the full V4.0 features.

The difference between the original CMSF and V4.0 is pretty significant...

These improvements are well worth the cost imo...

In addition to the stock scenarios i'm sure we will se a bunch of very nice comunity-made scenarios coming our way shortly after release...