Naughty or nice... here's some bones!

36 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Water at different elevations (bridge crossing screenshot)?

I think that's an optical illusion and they water is the same height in both instances.

30 minutes ago, Machor said:

Road signs / traffic lights? [Just guessing; I don't have the game.]

Road signs and traffic lights have always been in the game.

Mord.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, MikeyD said:

CMSF2 will have (does have) the new FOW-friendly trenches and foxholes. The old sunk-in-mesh trench has been renamed 'ditch', I believe. The new trenches were in one of the dozens of screenshots submitted that didn't get selected.

Fix that and post a picture yourself. I promise you won't get any flak from Steve and Charles. :)

7 hours ago, Cobetco said:

"- BMP map overlay. Instead of having to create game maps by freehand you can now trace over a real world map within the Editor. Four different levels of transparency make the process easier by adjusting for different needs as work progresses."

Wait... what? I've been doing stuff the hard way? your telling me i can stick my hand drawn plans in the editor some how? i need to find this feature.

Scenario Overlay Feature - Tutorial    thanks to ChrisND.  

That was me, but I can't tell for sure from the screenshots. The stuff on the ground is wall rubble (which looks like the older style). The rubble inside the flattened buildings looks like the new stuff.

Mord.

11 hours ago, Cobetco said:

"- BMP map overlay. Instead of having to create game maps by freehand you can now trace over a real world map within the Editor. Four different levels of transparency make the process easier by adjusting for different needs as work progresses."

Wait... what? I've been doing stuff the hard way? your telling me i can stick my hand drawn plans in the editor some how? i need to find this feature.

Yep you can put an image in the data folder and press “o” in the editor.  You can set varying degrees to make the image clearer or fainter depending on you need.  Works like a charm. Called scenario editor overlay. 

CMRT module? ...I started typing then remembered 'non-disclosure agreement'. So I can't actually tell you much. Let's just say its in the queue and all of the up-front work was completed months ago. The number of in-progress projects competing for attention is larger than you may think.

Everything I see in these images makes me happy.....From the lovely chunky rubble, through the sexy new ditches & streams, to the fully functional (& destroyable) bridges!  B)

As I mentioned elsewhere, I can't wait to have a mess with Harry Crofton's 2012 'Bishr' map in the new game engine, it's always been impressive, but it will be truly awesome in CM:SF II!

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1732

2 hours ago, 76mm said:

Looks purdy and all, but I doubt I'll buy it, as I'm just not into the modern stuff...

With a bit of tweaking in the editor, a few mods and a bit of imagination you can take this game back to the late 60s, early 70s.....You don't have to use Javelins and T-90s unless you want to, the CM:SF TOE is pretty flexible (and should be even more so with the new structure).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

41 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

With a bit of tweaking in the editor, a few mods and a bit of imagination you can take this game back to the late 60s, early 70s.....You don't have to use Javelins and T-90s unless you want to, the CM:SF TOE is pretty flexible (and should be even more so with the new structure).

Anything after WWII pretty much leaves me cold...but are US/Western AFVs from the 60s and early 70s really represented in the CMSF (or CMBS)?

Canada has the 105mm gun Leopard 1, though an upgraded/uparmored type.
What I'm looking forward to most is red-on-red QB play using 1960s/early 70s equipment. T55Ms, early model T62 and early export model T72, BMP-1s and BTR-60s. I want to be able to bounce shells off armor again instead of the guaranteed long range penetrations of modern war.

3 hours ago, 76mm said:

Looks purdy and all, but I doubt I'll buy it, as I'm just not into the modern stuff...  But please please please more news about the long awaited CMRT module!

I felt that way - and I'm still much more into 'The War' than the modern stuff, but I bought Shock Force when the big bundle came out cheap for Mac and it really is a helluva game. I played it exclusively one Summer. As someone else said above, it has an almost historical feel to it. I bought Black Sea subsequently, but SF has something special: the maps and settings, the surprisingly diverse forces, some very challenging scenarios. It's a very engaging game.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Canada has the 105mm gun Leopard 1, though an upgraded/uparmored type.
What I'm looking forward to most is red-on-red QB play using 1960s/early 70s equipment. T55Ms, early model T62 and early export model T72, BMP-1s and BTR-60s. I want to be able to bounce shells off armor again instead of the guaranteed long range penetrations of modern war.

Mikey,  didn't you make the famous Africa mod for CMSF 1?  I am really hoping that makes a comeback with CMSF 2.

10 hours ago, MikeyD said:

CMRT module? ...I started typing then remembered 'non-disclosure agreement'. So I can't actually tell you much. Let's just say its in the queue and all of the up-front work was completed months ago. The number of in-progress projects competing for attention is larger than you may think.

Just say you're withdrawing from the agreement. It'll be sort of like Brexit. Boy do I have to explain everything to manipulate a bone from you?

10 hours ago, Freyberg said:

I felt that way - and I'm still much more into 'The War' than the modern stuff, but I bought Shock Force when the big bundle came out cheap for Mac and it really is a helluva game. I played it exclusively one Summer. As someone else said above, it has an almost historical feel to it. I bought Black Sea subsequently, but SF has something special: the maps and settings, the surprisingly diverse forces, some very challenging scenarios. It's a very engaging game.

Thanks for the comments, but I doubt I'll buy this one, because I bought the original and could not get through a scenario.  Just wasn't interested, don't know why.  I served in an armor unit during Desert Storm, so I thought I would find it interesting, but I don't...  Not criticizing the game, just probably not something that I will pull the trigger on, although who knows, I've changed my mind before...