Artillery dilema.

18 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

Ive noticed that when you keep adjusting an artillery barrage(to get that perfect landing point) it eventually will calls itself off with no warning and you have to start the mission over from the beginning.Why does it do this?and is there a max# you can adjust before it does this?

Was the duration of the original fire mission set to maximum?  If set to maximum duration it should generally fire until out of ammo or told to cease fire.  One exception is a Point Target fire mission that targets a building or bridge.  This type of mission (point, maximum duration) will stop firing if the targeted structure is destroyed. 

I don't think an adjusted mission spots.  The support panel never reads "Spotting" instead it reads "Adjusting".  There was a recent discussion at the Few Good Men gaming club about this.  It seems an adjusted mission is no more accurate than the original.     

On 2017-12-23 at 1:26 AM, weapon2010 said:

Ive noticed that when you keep adjusting an artillery barrage(to get that perfect landing point) it eventually will calls itself off with no warning and you have to start the mission over from the beginning.Why does it do this?and is there a max# you can adjust before it does this?

This has happen to me to in CMFB. I always set the barrage to maximum and then adjust or cancel if I need to. A few times the barrage have stopped by itself. There is a small possibility that I used point target and a building/target was destroyed so I cant say for sure it is a bug.

5 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

it was not to maximum,

There was a tactic that some players used.  They would continue to Adjust when the fire mission was preparing to keep it on hold until needed.  I think I remember @womble posting about this tactic.  I could never get it to work satisfactorily and gave up trying.  I wonder if in one of the updates something was changed to keep players from using this "Adjust until you need it" tactic?  Like a limit on the amount of adjusting in a short period of time or something.  I don't have time to experiment around with it right now.  (A new CMSF scenario set in Kandahar has been released by @Combatintman :).       

1 hour ago, Swant said:

This has happen to me to in CMFB. I always set the barrage to maximum and then adjust or cancel if I need to. A few times the barrage have stopped by itself. There is a small possibility that I used point target and a building/target was destroyed so I cant say for sure it is a bug.

If you observe something else causing the mission to stop let the rest of us know.   The above are the only reasons I know of.  I have even had the FO KIA and the maximum duration mission fired until out of ammo :angry:.