Annual Tossin' of Bones

"So the kids they dance, they shake their bones
While BFC's throwing stones
Singing ashes, ashes all fall down.

Heartless powers try to tell us what to think
If the spirit's sleeping, then the flesh is ink.
History's page, it is thusly carved in stone
The future's here, we are it, we are on our own.

If the game is lost then we're all the same
No one left to place or take the blame.
We will leave this place an empty stone....."

7 minutes ago, Chops said:

"So the kids they dance, they shake their bones
While BFC's throwing stones
Singing ashes, ashes all fall down.

Heartless powers try to tell us what to think
If the spirit's sleeping, then the flesh is ink.
History's page, it is thusly carved in stone
The future's here, we are it, we are on our own.

If the game is lost then we're all the same
No one left to place or take the blame.
We will leave this place an empty stone....."

Heh heh a little dead lovin for CM?

Well, unfortunately, there wasn't really a Christmas bone last year (I guess because of Chris's departure?), and I'm prepared to be disappointed by the absence of one yet again this year.

In fairness to BFC, Charles was pretty forthcoming with the company's plans just a few months back. There was a pretty substantial October bone, which is at the top of (and is part of the reason for the genesis of) this "General Discussion" sub-forum.

All I know is that I just cannot wait to get my hands on this new Italy module. But from the company's perspective, is there really much benefit in providing a revised projected release date every few months? It just seems to lead to a lot of discussion where people basically say "thanks for the update... and also, why is it taking so long?!" I'd imagine that you can only answer that so many times without snapping, LOL.

There was no bone last year , because I believe Engine 4  was release on Dec 24th, and the year prior was no bone at all, more like a bone splinter, and the "substantial October bone" that sttp alludes to was more of an update of stuff we already knew, so I will be disappointed if there is not a substantial xmas bone,:(.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, Mord said:

Funny, 'cause that's what I used to call all the hippies doused in it..."Stinkors".

Mord.

I'm a dead head and I hated the smell of that crap.  That and clove cigarettes. That blank stare I had wasn't from the drugs, it was from wondering what the hell was going through folks heads that clove cigarettes and patchouli oil were found appealing.  And a dead rodent in the wall ain't so bad.  The live colony you keep though Emrys, geez man.

Now you want to know what smells really bad?  Besides Emrys?  Bears.  I had one break into my car in Yosemite.  Had to drive back to SF with the windows down and my head out, damn things are rank.

21 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Did the bear, leave something behind? I thought they, you know, did that in the woods.

well the car was in the woods, so if it had done it in the car it would I think still qualify. However no, it was just from climbing all over the seats.  Chewed a hole through the back seat because it apparently smelled something in the trunk. How it can smell anything over it's own stench is a freakin miracle.   It found a pack of instant oatmeal, opened it and apparently didn't like it.  The insurance company forms were fun to fill out, but they did pay for the window and replacing the seat.  Oatmeal however was not covered.