Best way to install all games on new computer?

Erwin

The all in one stuff is under the 4.0 upgrade.

i bought the big 4.0 bundle, so that one purchase has a link that takes me to a page where there are folders for all the CM games and their respective installers. Note that there are full installers and 4.0 upgrade installers (for those who only wanted to upgrade). You’d only need the full one, not the upgrade, if you’re starting from scratch. 

Edit: so aside from the CMBS battle pack, if you bought the 4.0 all game upgrade bundle like I did, it would either the last purchase or if you bought the battle pack, the second to last purchase, most likely. 

Edited by Bud Backer

I bought everything that BF offered immediately at the time each item was individually released.  So, am unsure if I have the "4.0 all game upgrade" or where to locate it for d/l.  Was wondering if it is in a different area than the long list of individual purchases in MY ACCOUNT which only have dates to identify them.   The whole process is very non-intuitive to me.

I think you do have to go through the purchases list. I can’t recall if the bundle came first or the individual 4,0 upgrades.

but if you look at your purchases in reverse order you should be able to click on each, and see what it is for, and if it’s not 4.0 you go back and look at the next, and so on. It’s what I did. 

You are saying that the Big Bundle items should be in MY ACCOUNT mixed in with the loooong list of purchases with no identification other than dates and product numbers, yes?

I went through most items and all I saw are individual purchases for each game, each pack, each module etc.   I see no Big Bundle item.  Surely I don't have to purchase a "big bundle" for d/l if I already own everything? 

As I said - totally non-intuitive and irritating. 

Edited by Erwin

Yes, that is correct. It should be one of the purchases. 

I looked at the main page on Battlefront.com. You can actually see the announcement of the 4.0 upgrades exactly one year ago, December 2016. So the purchase of the upgrade must be no earlier than that. And it could be a bundle, or each game separately. But I see no way around it except to go in your account and click “View” for every purchase starting at that month. Given there would only be a maximum of 7 items, it should be quick to do. 

If you see nothing mentioning 4.0 upgrade, is it possible you didn’t buy it? If you’re certain you did, contact Helpdesk and they will get you sorted out I’m sure. :)

Edited by Bud Backer

I see one "Upgrade 4 Big Bundle" purchase dated Jan 5 2017.  That has ALL the games for d/l and install?

So all one needs to do is d/l the file labeled CM <Game Latest Version Full Windows">?  One does NOT need to d/l anything that says <Upgrade>?  Is that correct?

(And man I wish BF would name or at least number each purchase so you could find what you are looking for without looking at every purchase - just having a date attached to each is not helpful.)

Dang.  I just found that I had already downloaded all those files earlier this year.  The problem is that they were too large to copy onto a flash drive which is easiest way of loading the files into a new computer.   :( 

So, I guess will have to d/l again onto the new machine directly.  PITA.  Anyone mention the end of "net neutrality".  This sorta huge d/l is gonna start costing us $$$.

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

I see one "Upgrade 4 Big Bundle" purchase dated Jan 5 2017.  That has ALL the games for d/l and install?

So all one needs to do is d/l the file labeled CM <Game Latest Version Full Windows">?  One does NOT need to d/l anything that says <Upgrade>?  Is that correct?

To my knowledge, yes, it has a link to a sharefile folder with multiple sub folders. You want the folders with “Full,” not upgrade. 

Perhaps a little late, but better late than never.

You do not need all previous activation codes. I think for each game, it‘s only the latest version one. But seemingly it‘s not the same for all games.

I worked „top down“, but found it a little tedious to find the codes that works.

To make a long story short: Good luck, Erwin!

On 12/28/2017 at 10:59 AM, StieliAlpha said:

Perhaps a little late, but better late than never.

You do not need all previous activation codes. I think for each game, it‘s only the latest version one. But seemingly it‘s not the same for all games.

I worked „top down“, but found it a little tedious to find the codes that works.

To make a long story short: Good luck, Erwin!

I'm probably too late to help too but I'll put this in case anyone else reads it looking for the information.....

If you purchased the 4.0 Big Bundle, to do full installations of each game you would download the Full Windows/Mac versions for each title. For instance the full game installer for a Windows computer for CMBN is called "CMBN 4.0 Full Windows". That will install everything through the 4.0 Upgrade. The base game and every module, patch, Upgrade and Pack.

From there you will need to activate things. Here are the keys you'll need for each title....assuming that you own everything (some items may be part of a Bundle but I think you'll get the idea):

CMBN: 4.0, 3.0, Market Garden, Commonwealth, Vehicle Pack, Battle Pack

CMRT: original base game and 4.0

CMFI: base game, 4.0, 3.0 and Gustav Line

CMBS: base game and 4.0

As mentioned above, CMBS also has the 2.01 patch that needs to be installed. The 2.01 patch and CMBS Battle Pack are the exact same download. The only difference is that when you purchase the Pack you get a key to "unlock" the content.

I can dig how much of a pain it may be to dig through your account for all of the key. Whenever I get a new key for something I add it to a Word document that I keep so that I can get to them easily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great. I actually finally (after 7-1/2 years) got myself a new machine (i7 4.2GHz) that can do the games justice. Finally. (Setting it up has been a two day headache, but worth it ... Apple just works, my fanny.) I had basically not run the games in a year or two because of the serious lack of performance. Today, I bought and downloaded the 3+4 updates for CM:N and CN:I but also have a license for market Garden, Commonwealth Forces, and Gustav. Everything looks sweet on this new machine. However, when I updated the games they now (obviously) don't have the extra content showing ... so explain to this old guy, do I have to also buy the Big Update? Seems like I'll be paying twice for the main updates. Thanks.

Edited by DaveyJJ
additions and spelling fixes

I had exactly the same issue.....Steve sorted it in about an hour (you won't have to buy anything again, if you have a key, you have the product), but I was lucky to catch him online here (IIRC the fix was something like reapplying the original keys), maybe open a ticket with tech support before trying this though.

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 3 weeks later...

You will need all your licence keys 

This is my problem.  It's inevitable that a few key codes will have gotten lost over the years.  I have most of them but they are mixed up on different jewel cases and I've found that even the ones that I have marked as this or that don't seem to work.

Then there's the ones which I've lost completely.  

Of course, I have proof of purchase via the Battlefront Account page but it is a major PITA to cut and paste and email and all of that.

I wish there was an all-in-one option for people who either want to buy all of the games or for those of us who already have (and can prove it).

As of now, I've just given up on ever playing these titles again.  A shame because I was a loyal customer and a dedicated player.