Attempting to install CMBN upgrade to v3.0 gives "Access Denied" error msg

Hi,

As stated in  the thread title, I extracted the CMBN_Setup file and when I clicked on the application it pretty much immediately states "access is denied" and that's it.  My OS is Windows 10, I'm under my own user ID (which is also where I have my current CMBN v2 running) for which I have Admin rights.  No readme files came with the download so I'm not really sure where to go from here.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: crap, I was sure I started this thread under the main CMBN page but here it sits in the Mods section.... Ugh. I don't know how to move it.

Edited by Zenomorph
error

Ok, so I got it installed BUT new problem. (Btw what I did was: right-click on the (already extracted) setup file, chose "Properties", went to the "Compatibilities" tab, it gives you something to troubleshoot the file.  The first try didn't work so and a box came up say something like "Request additional permissions".  When I chose that and clicked "Next" the setup process began automatically).

NOW the problem is that I opened the program, went to the editor and when I tried to open a scenario I was working on, a big red box came up saying "This file requires Commonwealth Forces module".  I already have both Commonwealth and Market Garden installed.  So Ugg.  The product page for the v3 upgrade says the upgrade "upgrades your existing game (and any installed modules)".  So is the product page a big fat liar?  Help appreciated! Thanks

EDIT: just noticed that the icons for MG and CW are not on the intro screen (the one that comes up when you first start the game).  So do I need to re-install them?  I don't see anywhere where there's an ability to download v3 for the two modules unless you buy them.  It wouldn't seem to make sense to re-install because it would just re-install my v2 versions which are already on my hard drive.  Thanks again.

6 hours ago, Zenomorph said:

EDIT: just noticed that the icons for MG and CW are not on the intro screen (the one that comes up when you first start the game).  So do I need to re-install them?  I don't see anywhere where there's an ability to download v3 for the two modules unless you buy them.  It wouldn't seem to make sense to re-install because it would just re-install my v2 versions which are already on my hard drive.  Thanks again.

do not re install.  You will simply downgrade your version of CM.  The files are there as bodkin noted you just need to do the activation process.

Oh man. I was hoping you'd say reinstall.  Reason being, yes the activate modules icon was there but when I clicked it & entered my license key it showed the same screen as when I initially installed and activated the v3 upgrade. It said "success!" and had 3 boxes for products it was saying were now activated: the CMBN base game, v2 upgrade & v3.  It said nothing about MG & CW.  Ugg.  I was getting ready to re-install the 2 modules when I got back to my pc.  So...I actually have the zip files for the modules still on my pc but do u think if re-download them from my "Purchases" page the Battlefront site would recognize that I purchased the upgrade and provide the v3 modules as the download files? I doubt that.  I'd think it'd still be the v2 modules but other than that I feel stuck.

Thanks for taking the time to help me! Really appreciate it!!

KAAAHN!!!!  Get it??  A guy from Rock, Paper, Shotgun uses that line from Star Trek when he does something really stupid.  Anyway, I think I might've been cutting and pasting the wrong license key in trying to activate the modules.  Been in too much of a hurry trying to get this done.  That's the line I'm sticking to anyway.  Thanks again!!  I have an unrelated question but I'll post that as a separate thread.