Scenario file naming glitch

Having a file naming issue with a scenario - hope someone can shed some light.

I'm playing CMBN on a Mac, OSX 10.11.6.  I just recently started playing my first h2h scenario. I was sent a file called "CWVP A Slow Advance.btt" (minus the quotes), which I placed in /Applications/CM.../CM.../Contents/Resources/Game Files/Scenarios/. I then started up CM, chose Battle, and chose the scenario.

I have a habit of saving all of my moves with a _save suffix before clicking the red button.  Here is a screenshot of what I'm offered as a save name. Notice the period after Advance.

gXy4drX.png

If I append _save to that name and click OK, I get a game save called "CWVP A Slow Advance.bts" (minus the quotes). If I manually remove the . then everything works fine - I get a game save called "CWVP A Slow Advance 001_save.bts"

This is a problem because it means each game saves overwrites the prior game save.

This is particularly a problem for me now because I just tried to go look at my first game save to remind myself which mines in my mine field are anti-personnel, anti-tank, or mixed :unsure: Ruh roh!

Anyone know why the period appears in the offered save file name? Was that set by the scenario designer?

12 minutes ago, axxe said:

Having a file naming issue with a scenario - hope someone can shed some light.

I'm playing CMBN on a Mac, OSX 10.11.6.  I just recently started playing my first h2h scenario. I was sent a file called "CWVP A Slow Advance.btt" (minus the quotes), which I placed in /Applications/CM.../CM.../Contents/Resources/Game Files/Scenarios/. I then started up CM, chose Battle, and chose the scenario.

I have a habit of saving all of my moves with a _save suffix before clicking the red button.  Here is a screenshot of what I'm offered as a save name. Notice the period after Advance.

gXy4drX.png

If I append _save to that name and click OK, I get a game save called "CWVP A Slow Advance.bts" (minus the quotes). If I manually remove the . then everything works fine - I get a game save called "CWVP A Slow Advance 001_save.bts"

This is a problem because it means each game saves overwrites the prior game save.

This is particularly a problem for me now because I just tried to go look at my first game save to remind myself which mines in my mine field are anti-personnel, anti-tank, or mixed :unsure: Ruh roh!

Anyone know why the period appears in the offered save file name? Was that set by the scenario designer?

Probably. You can open the scenario and check in the editor