Need help with throwing my money at Battlefront

OK, I have a strong urge to purchase some CM title but due to a certain other sale incoming I have to limit myself to only a single one.

Since this is almost an 'Xmas bones time' I have a question that perhaps has a chance of getting a helpful answer. You see - while I want a CM title - it's CMSF2 that I want the most. And since the last news had it going into an alpha testing stage a few months back is there a chance it's not too far around the corner and I'd be better off holding onto my moneys for a while?

Certainly don't want to buy a CM title right now only to learn tomorrow I have CMSF2 to purchase. And I want to buy a CM title

4 hours ago, kraze said:

OK, I have a strong urge to purchase some CM title but due to a certain other sale incoming I have to limit myself to only a single one.

Since this is almost an 'Xmas bones time' I have a question that perhaps has a chance of getting a helpful answer. You see - while I want a CM title - it's CMSF2 that I want the most. And since the last news had it going into an alpha testing stage a few months back is there a chance it's not too far around the corner and I'd be better off holding onto my moneys for a while?

Certainly don't want to buy a CM title right now only to learn tomorrow I have CMSF2 to purchase. And I want to buy a CM title

I don't know, but think your just a little Kraze ;)

With Christmas just 5 days away, I'd advise you to buy something now. Grab one of the extant titles for yourself for Christmas, then buy CMSF2 when it gets released.

As a beta tester, I can confirm that the CMSF2 release is slated for REDACTED BY MOD

C3K: This is a transgression warning. Mod.

5 hours ago, c3k said:

With Christmas just 5 days away, I'd advise you to buy something now. Grab one of the extant titles for yourself for Christmas, then buy CMSF2 when it gets released.

As a beta tester, I can confirm that the CMSF2 release is slated for REDACTED BY MOD

C3K: This is a transgression warning. Mod.

LOL.  Good one.

On 12/19/2017 at 5:49 PM, kraze said:

As I've said before, it really comes down to what theater/era of warfare interests you the most. CMBN was one of the last titles I bought because for a while I just wasn't as interested in the battle for Normandy as I was with the other theaters CM offered. As for CMSF2, I'm hoping we get some kind of new information about it in the coming weeks, and hopefully its released in the next few months. If it were me, I would probably buy a game now and expect CMSF2 to not be out for at least another month, maybe more. 

15 hours ago, Freyberg said:

I want help throwing money at Battlefront, too - the problem is that I own all the CM titles...

Same issue here. Hoping I'm wrong about CMSF2 and that it comes out much sooner rather than later, thus solving my problem. 

6 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

Buy some games and give them away to friends. Either some who haven't tried CM yet and you'd like to introduce to the game, or someone who has one of the games and is crazy about it but can't afford to purchase one of the other ones just yet.

Michael

Is it possible to gift the games? I've never tried it myself. Is there a way to do it other than sharing a license key, a more official way?

2 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Is it possible to gift the games? I've never tried it myself. Is there a way to do it other than sharing a license key, a more official way?

I think you could work out some arrangement with BFC. Alternately, you could buy the games on disk and have them mailed to your friends.

Michael

4 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

I want to buy a game as a gift, how can I do that?

Wednesday, 05 March 2008

If you would like to purchase a game or book for someone else as a gift, you do not need to do anything special. Simply pick the product(s) you would like to purchase and proceed through the Checkout process. All the relevant information is stored in your customer account as usual.

The other person than has to register a new customer account ("Register New Account" link on the left of the main store page) if he/she hasn't one already, and will be able to download and license/activate the game with the license key received from you, by logging in and clicking on the link to the "Download Area" (left side).

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=421&Itemid=336

Well, the cut and paste didn't work the way I intended but the link is above.  Also I think @sburke , nice guy he is, has gifted the game before so knows how and could provide more current info than the link I provided.    

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I want to buy a game as a gift, how can I do that?

Wednesday, 05 March 2008

If you would like to purchase a game or book for someone else as a gift, you do not need to do anything special. Simply pick the product(s) you would like to purchase and proceed through the Checkout process. All the relevant information is stored in your customer account as usual.

The other person than has to register a new customer account ("Register New Account" link on the left of the main store page) if he/she hasn't one already, and will be able to download and license/activate the game with the license key received from you, by logging in and clicking on the link to the "Download Area" (left side).

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=421&Itemid=336

Well, the cut and paste didn't work the way I intended but the link is above.  Also I think @sburke , nice guy he is, has gifted the game before so knows how and could provide more current info than the link I provided.    

Yep that is exactly what I did  👍