New features curiosity

Rework of flamethrower mechanics to make it useful. For example by giving it more generous targeting rules. 

Just to mention one case, a big building might actually comprise three separate "houses" joined by doors. It would be nice to be able to fire the flamethrower directly from house 1 to house 3. Currently, you can only target house 2.

This extra targeting ability would reflect the flamethrower's historical function as a tool to flush out stubborn defenders from places that are difficult to reach.

Edited by Bulletpoint

On 10/13/2018 at 10:22 PM, =Marder= said:

1:Vehicles that have periscopes that can be risen and lowered for reconnaissance

Oh this would be fantastic. There is also the Russian SP AT system that uses a mast for observation and launch. I know this is on the list of stuff BFC wants to do. Hopefully some day.

2:Round buildings.

No relay, everything is boxy and squared.

+1

3:Buildings having interiors.

Also we can just start with walls and staircases and expand it over over time.

let the tac ai and pixel Soldaten maneuver and fight thru the corridors and so forth.

Yeah, pass thanks. I mean don't get me wrong this would be visually very cool and I would love that. But the resources that would take conflict with not just your #6 but also the current performance.

4: Fortified buildings!

Oh yes please.

5: Storming buildings not just thru the front door!!!

Troops have ropes assault Ledders can climb on vehicles and so forth to reach the second floor of a building and fight the way down.

Have the options for troops to have urban assault gear to take down citadels of defiance.

Not just stomping thru the front door.

There have been some discussions of this and so far the consensus is that there are really just two ways to do a building entry - the front door and a whole you make your self. The second one being the preferred. The methods you listed did not come up. It might be worth starting a new thread for that with documentation and see where it goes.

Keep in mind that CM is modelling fighting peer and near peer forces so some of the things that SWAT or special ops might do are not really available to troops that don't have a total monopoly on force in the city.

6: Make bigger maps be less resource hungry.

The bigger the map gets the worse they run.

This directly conflicts with #3. BFC have over time improved the ability to handle large maps and in one of the upgrades (I think 4) they increased the maximum map size. They clearly keep this on their list.

7:Please for the love of god bring back command delay and the requirement to be lead the battle thru the eyes of your highest ranking formation leader at least for IRON mode, I do understand when you dont want the option for lower difficulty but removing this that was before in combat mission beyond overlord makes the game more gamy. It takes out a important part of CC, braking it and so forth.

Oh please no. I cannot express how much I hated that feature. It was so immersion breaking - why on earth would it take even 1 minute of planning let alone 3-5 minutes for the platoon sergeant to get his guys out of a kill zone they just wandered into. At any rate I will not repeat my often typed rant and instead link to an interesting discussion where Steve himself offered lots of explanations of what was good and not so good and an insight into the design of the game.

8: Reinforcement´s in PBEM and online play

Please add this for games that you do on quick battels where you can choose formations or units to show up on the map after a certain time for you in your set up zone. It would prevent massive traffic and set up jams in general and would add greatly in battels.

That would be cool.