Hi everyone, sorry for the recent spam of posts.. I was wondering if any of you would be able to let me know about how well a pc I’ve built and will buy in the next few weeks will run CM (BN and FB) few parts as follows:

•CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 1500x 3.5GHZ quad core processor

•Graphics card- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GT OCV1

•Motherboard-B350 PC Mate ATX AM4

•Memory- Corsair: Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR 3200

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you!

I believe your 'build' should work fine for CM purposes. Admittedly it is always 'expectations' that color how good something may be. For CM single core CPU performance is the key for smooth (or 'near smooth') gameplay. While AMD has gotten a bit closer to Intel in terms of IPC (Instructions Per Clock/Cycle), it is still a bit behind. This is something you'll see when 'single core' benchmarks are run. AMD somewhat makes up for this in being a bit more affordable for the horsepower you are getting. An equivalent Intel system may cost a bit more. If you are willing to spend more (and possibly wait for availability... the latest Intel 8th generation CPUs tend to sell out) an i5 8400 might be a bit better of a performer for CM. The 8th generation Intel Core CPUs had a major change in the number of cores the CPUs have, with the mainstream CPUs moving from 4 cores to 6. This would be of no benefit to CM, but it helps Intel combat AMDs latest CPUs. One other difference is that the Ryzen 5 1500x is capable of being overclocked, while the i5 8400 does not officially support overclocking (locked multipliers, etc.). So you could get a little more performance out of the Ryzen, though it is possible that the i5 8400 may still outperform the overclocked Ryzen.

Motherboard-wise an Intel board (Z370 chipset) will be a bit more expensive than the AMD B350 series (around US$30 - $50 on average). I believe you could use the same RAM, though you'll always want to check any memory QVLs (Qualified Vendor List) for a motherboard to make sure you're getting something compatible.

The video card should be fine. Video cards are part of the graphics performance equation for CM, but not nearly as much as CPUs. More horsepower in the video card can allow for better texture filtering and anti-aliasing. Perhaps future versions of CM can benefit a bit more from high performance GPUs than the series does currently.