CMBM Mods

Not sure what Mods he uses, but since he is going to give it to you in a Dropbox Folder, anyways...What are you asking ?

So, you will need a Dropbox Account and he will send you an invite (give him your Dropbox email address), then you will see that Folder in your Dropbox.

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

There's about four major terrain mods by Aris, Vein, Flesh, and SeinfeldRules. Some have new textures and some are saturation tweaks. 

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2785

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1164

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1460

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2190

To make you even crazier, patboy has did some terrain, minus grass.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1325

And check out patboy's (author name "boyer") other mods, he doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves. He's done some killer, beautiful stuff and is one of our most talented modders. Hopefully he is not gone for good.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=select&id=43&orderby=2&page=10

Mord.

27 minutes ago, silent_crescendo said:

@Mord how do you get the flesh subdued terrain to work? I’ve extracted the files into my z folder as usual but the terrain hasn’t changed 

I'm simply 'Mortified' at you Crescendo of Doom, lol...You may need to extract that Subdued Terrain File by using a 7-Zip program or similar, then drop into Z Folder.

Edited by JoMc67

I have ten good (zipper sound) MG42 wavs including the one Mord provided.  If numbered sequentially, can they all be used randomly?  If so, what is the naming convention for multiple wavs?  Does one start with <name 0.wav> then 1, then 2 etc or other?

Or is only one wav able to be used?

Sure.  PM me your e-mail. 

BTW:  IIRC WAV files have a different naming protocol than BMP's.

So, plz clarify as I am still confused:  In my Z SOUNDS folder I see many options start <soundname 0.wav>, and not <soundname 1.wav> as you state above.

With WAV's, does one start a series of options with <name.wav>, or <name 0.wav>  or <name 1.wav>?  

And have assumed that when one has sounds choices like <gun name x2.wav> and <gun name x3.wav> that one needs to rename them to remove the "x". 

Or do the sound mods work with the "x" in the name?

I sent you my "definitive  MG42" list of wavs.  :)

Am still trying to clarify what the naming protocol is for wav options.  It is very specific and has to be correct or the wavs will not play.  I do not seem to be explaining my question properly as you are not answering the question...

1) From what I understand one needs to rename the sounds that have "xnumber" in their name to get rid of the "x" for it to play in the game.  Yes?

2) However, for the series of wav options to be selected at random does the name series start with <name.wav>, or <name 0.wav>, or <name 1.wav>???

ie:  mp40.wav, mp40 1.wav, mp40 2.wav is NOT the same as starting with mp40 1.wav, mp40 2.wav etc.  And bmp options start with "name.bmp", and then jump to "name 2.bmp" (ie there is no "name 1 bmp").  If you have a "name 1.bmp" none of the options will appear in the game. 

In my own mod folders I have seen the naming protocol done in different ways and that is confusing and troubling.

If one gets the naming convention wrong the options will not play.  It is confusing cos the naming convention for bmp's is different than for wav's.  This is where CM2 drives me nuts sometimes.

Oh I get you now, i'm not too sure about .bmps. I was just going with my amateur CM2 modding knowledge. The series should start with mp40 0.wav and then follow mp40 1.wav and so on. Following this, your various sound differences should follow either in order or in a randomized fashion. Like I said, amateur CM2 knowledge. I believe this should be the correct order because my M1 Garand sound files are m1 garand 0, 1 2 3 etc and it sounds slightly different in game, although unknown if followed in order or randomly selects it for the gun shot. 

Hopefully I understood it this time, if not I apologize. 

I see how you put yours in the email, when I get home from work I'll attempt to mess with it with the x2, x3 or if it just needs 0 1 2 3. I see the MG42 is afaik the only one that has the x in its order. I don't know if that's because the sound file has a small burst for its .wav as the other gun .wavs are a single shot .wav. 

Plz let me know if I numbered/named my MG42 wavs correctly in sequence or if I need to renumber the wav with no number to "gun mg42 10.wav" in order to get it to be selected (randomly) in the game.  Once we get this definitively correct that format should work for all titles. 

I think that even some modders get confused as I have seen the sequence done in different ways.

PS:  I have other MG mods that had x2 and x3 etc.  eg: MG34   As I said, I renamed them to remove the "x".  But have never been sure I did the correct thing.

Edited by Erwin