Jump to content
Hilts

Aachen campaign

Recommended Posts

Off the top of my head no - but I tested this one and I don't recall ammunition ever being a factor.  Like all campaigns, do your best to minimise your losses and you should be fine. Even then I think that it is pretty forgiving, I had a turn from hell in Mission 1 and took a fair whack of losses but was still able to progress and ultimately win the Campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Erwin said:

Those camp trees are xnt and v useful.  Wish designers would put a link to them in their designer notes. 

Not all designers use them - IanL's ability to post such trees are based on the designer:

  • A. Having a campaign tree.
  • B. Willing to share it.
  • C. Contacting IanL.
  • D. IanL uploading it onto his site.

While it is entirely your opinion to have this knowledge, a lot of people derive pleasure from campaigns because of the absence of such knowledge. After all the essence of war is friction - knowing the campaign tree largely eliminates that friction which begs the question .... well what is the point of playing the campaign?

So it really is a horses for courses situation - like everything choice is fine so those that want to find out can find out but to assume that campaign designers are going to create and then fire out campaign trees is perhaps being somewhat optimistic.

Just an observation btw but those fondly (by some) remembered CMX1 operations didn't have campaign trees ...

Edited by Combatintman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course you don't have to look at the tree.   However, there are some campaigns that are very hard and after several aborted attempts I do like looking at the tree to help understand what is going on.  Also, one can determine if a campaign looks interesting from a quick look at its tree.  Doesn't mean one will or should memorize it.  

It's just a question of having that extra option. And generally I support more options/choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Not all designers use them - IanL's ability to post such trees are based on the designer:

  • A. Having a campaign tree.
  • B. Willing to share it.
  • C. Contacting IanL.
  • D. IanL uploading it onto his site.

Actually this is auto generated by @Mad Mike's scenario and campaign scanner tool. My site is just using his tool to generate a list.

11 hours ago, Combatintman said:

While it is entirely your opinion to have this knowledge, a lot of people derive pleasure from campaigns because of the absence of such knowledge. After all the essence of war is friction - knowing the campaign tree largely eliminates that friction which begs the question .... well what is the point of playing the campaign?

Indeed - I would not really pay much attention to the extracted detail information like this. I would just read the briefings and play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I can't remember off the top of my head what I set it at- 70-80% sounds correct, though. You should be well supplied between battles. This campaign is more about force preservation than ammo resource management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, benpark said:

Sorry, I can't remember off the top of my head what I set it at- 70-80% sounds correct, though. You should be well supplied between battles. This campaign is more about force preservation than ammo resource management.

Nice work on the map, Ben.... Not sure about the great clouds of dust thrown up by vehicles, in mid October Europe but that's probably not your fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...