Hilltop to Hilltop

What a fabulous, intense and difficult scenario! Those damn Luftwaffe are few, but they are so fiendishly well positioned. The map is fabulous - the game-play is nicely varied (rural and house-to-house.

I also saw my Quad-50cal completely destroy a building, which was fun.

Edited by Freyberg

• 5 years later...

That's the hell of a scenario…

What a beautiful map, with incredible slopes (especially in the vineyards) and terrific line of sights… In my game, the Germans surrendered 8 minutes before full-time. The casualty rate on both sides was the highest I have seen so far, but I'm proud (and surprised!) that all my crystal vehicles survived! And the Stuart clearly won the day! Several units end the game with no ammo at all, or just a pair of hand grenades…

I strongly recommend this scenario, even for unexperienced players. I learned a lot in the way of assaulting enemy positions with infantry, positioning my vehicles to support them properly, and what to do (and also NOT to do…) with light mortars.

Thanks to Benpark for this very nice design.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, Freyberg said:

What a fabulous, intense and difficult scenario! Those damn Luftwaffe are few, but they are so fiendishly well positioned.

Just to correct: they are not so few. One of the challenge of the scenario is, the force ratio is not heavily in favor of the attacker (I don't give the maths to avoid spoiling). Anyway, these Luftwaffe guys seem to bear thousands of automatic weapons! That's depressing!