Help with engine update from 2.12 going to 4.0

Hello all:

Here's my story:  In 2014 I purchased CMBN+2.0 engine upgrade+Commonwealth+Market garden in a nice dvd package.  Installed and played.  Now that CMBN is at engine 4.0 I decided to drop 15 bucks and get the Engine 3+4 upgrade.  I have internet connectivity so I went that route.  Should be easy.  Right?  I've been gaming for many years and have patched many games.

I received a download as a zip file which unpacks at about 10 gigs.  I unzipped this to a folder and hit the executable.  OK it worked.

So now I have CMBN 4.0 installed.  Yippee!  But what about Commonwealth and Market Garden?  I saw in the forums that you hit an executable in the data folder to activate them.  I used the codes from the cd cases, but they don't work. 

So, here's the question:  How do I get those two modules to work with the download 4.0 version?  Is there a particular order?  From what I'm reading there seems to be a dance involved.

And of course:  any help is much appreciated.

Oh, I have opened tickets with the help desk, but seeing that I work in one, I'm relying on you folks.  You know how that goes.

And here are my system specs:  Windows-7, Gtx-970. i65500k,16 gigs ram, I tested the download CMBN; it works fine.  (Seems really cool!)

If you found the activate module short cut and used that to enter the codes for the modules and it didn't work to activate them, then your only hope to open a ticket at the help desk. Use the blue button here: https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/ . I'm only checking since I was not sure form your post if that is what you already did.

I imagine they will want to know the codes from the disk too. The only other thing I could suggest to check is your store account. If you log into the store - where you bought the upgrade and see if in there there is a previous purchase for the two modules and check and make sure there isn't a code there for those modules that is different from what you already tried from the CD.

Humm the data folder - that does not sound right. There should be a short cut in the program's install directory called something similar to "Activate New Products - CMBS". On the machine I am at I only have CMBS installed.

That short cut executes the command:
%COMSPEC% /C "CM Black Sea.exe" -showui

Which is what allows you to enter your keys. One run one key activation. This announcement covers this issue: http://community.battlefront.com/announcement/27-special-upgrade-4-tech-tips/

If that helps great - otherwise there is more going on and support will help you - repeatedly apparently :D

Your right IanL.  Not the data folder, but the root directory folder.   It looks like a command prompt.  I'm haggling with the help desk at the moment.  I wonder if they're not happy that I'm trying to activate hard copies I purchased in 2014.  Back then I purchased the $.95.00 hard copy bundle.  I went to the store thinking that I'd throw caution (money) to the wind and just get the two downloads Market Garden and Commonwealth.  But I'm not about to throw another 70 bucks at this game.  As it stands This has been more expensive than my Windows 7 disk.

Interestingly enough, while perusing the forums, I discovered another chap who had the exact same issue.  It was an old forum, but I asked him about the resolution regardless.  It would be nice if people gave the community their resolutions.  Oh, well.

If this ever gets sorted out, I'll let you know how it happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I think I just answered your ticket?  I was out most of last week and I'm just now getting caught up on everything, though the second snow storm in as many days is likely going to mess that up again.

If I did just answer your ticket, then I think you should be good to go.  If I didn't answer your ticket, send a PM to me and I'll see what's up.

Steve