Playing CM on a 28" HD monitor

I see the discussion on playing CM on the TV and thought that computer monitors this season are becoming cheaper and cheaper.

There is a sale at a local store on a Samsung 28" 4K HD monitor and I was wondering if CM would look any better on an HD monitor.

Any thoughts?

I play on a 32", 144mghz, 1080P monitor. It looks fine. However there is no UI scaling so if you go to 4K you are gonna have some massive shrinkage! For the most part I can read stuff adequately, but sometimes I have to lean up close to read the smaller print in the UI. So, 4K is gonna be what, 3X tighter/smaller, something like that? So, you may have a hard time with text and the like.

But if it's a good deal, go for it. You'll be able to utilize it for other things and you can always down scale for CM if it ends up being to small to read.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

If your graphics card can push the pixels the game will look nice. As for the UI font sizes, it could get interesting. I play on a 22inch 16:9 1080p monitor at home which gives me about 100 pixels per vertical inch. A 4K monitor is 2160p which doubles the number of pixels per inch. So, if I can read the briefings on my 22 inch monitor at 1080p then I would need a 40 inch monitor at 2160p for the font to be the same size. So, your example 28 inch monitor will render the UI at about 2/3 the height I currently see. Don't for get though with bigger monitors we tend to want to sit further back which compounds the problem of small text.

For 16:9 monitors:

image.png.94edce8b48e0754ff6d28b818cef8657.png