Operation Uranus

kevinkin

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

IIRC Steve has mentioned it would be too much work at this point to unify everything under one base game.

I can understand that bit, for sure.  I would not envy the person who hypothetically would set out to do that!  What I'm really wondering is why that wasn't the case first - I guess hindsight is 20/20.  Hope CM3 ends up that way!

9 hours ago, Mord said:

What the h*** does that stand for? The internet doesn't even know.

Mord.

Campaign To Save The Word Too. And, the internet has never heard of it because it doesn't actually exist. I have also apologized to Karl for my crass comment.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

Fr the Russian Front I think they would be better organizing each game in the family into a (roughly one or two year time frame June 1941 - March 1943 (Barbarossa - 3rd Kharkov). May 1943 - May 1944 (Kursk - the first Soviet invasion of Romania) and the current Red Thunder module. Reason being that, while I would like a game dealing with Barbarossa I actually want that game to deal with the early to mid period war period with the Red Army starting to learn the lessons of the early defeats.

There are of course other ways of organizing this but I am thinking of the break in major fighting between 3rd Kharkov and Kursk as a natural break point between families  

11 hours ago, LUCASWILLEN05 said:

Fr the Russian Front I think they would be better organizing each game in the family into a (roughly one or two year time frame June 1941 - March 1943 (Barbarossa - 3rd Kharkov).

Since the beginning the plan was for four titles; a year for each, starting at the end of the war and moving back toward the start. 44-45, 44-43, 43-42 etc. RT starts in June 44, so if the next title sticks to the plan, it would start in June 43 and go to May 44. Whether or not that will change remains to be seen. BFC is full of surprises and has been known to change their mind.

Mord.

10 hours ago, Mord said:

Since the beginning the plan was for four titles; a year for each, starting at the end of the war and moving back toward the start. 44-45, 44-43, 43-42 etc. RT starts in June 44, so if the next title sticks to the plan, it would start in June 43 and go to May 44. Whether or not that will change remains to be seen. BFC is full of surprises and has been known to change their mind.

Mord.

Indeed. There is more than on way to skin a cat. Not that I ever would - so Kitty you are purrfectly safe :-) In all seriousness though I think it makes more sense to start with major offensives eg 2nd Kharkov May 1942, Citadel July 1943. That however means that the previous series would have to tail off with the lull for the Spring Raspuita for 1942 and 1943. Patrols and small scale operations were still likely even at times of major lulls, However Spring 1944 is not a problem as there was considerable major fighting throughout early spring eg the First Soviet Invasion of Romania April/May 1944

Edited by LUCASWILLEN05